What's new

Cartridge Razor Reviews

If/when I have to use a disposable razor, I opt for a cheap Equate from Walmart. (These are tor the back of my neck and around my ears). The rest of the time it is a DE razor for me.

I find that keeping it simple and straightforward is the best approach.

I have used both the Lidl and aldi razors which were fine for traveling, though ended up coming back to the trac as my travel razor.

These are great reviews, I had similar experiences with most of them. I so wanted the Shavelogic offering to be good, because it looked great and I think is made in the US, but it kind of sucked (for me). I also go back and forth between cartridge and DE and Shavette, but so far the best cart shave for me is my old Trumper's Sensor handle with the Personna tri-flex blades (which fit the Sensor handles). I have heard the Amazon Sensor clones are very good too. Gillette is just not an option for me.

I came upon a deal at Amazon for Bic Metal cartridge razors. After hearing so much about them I bought them and did a cartridge shave off against my Gillette Sensor. The metal is decent but the Sensor is still far better for me.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I agree I think the M3 is the best cart razor out there. More than 3 blades is just fluff in my opinion. However I still have special place in my heart for the Trac II as I switched from a Schick Injector (my dad's) in the 70's to the T2. It got me thru the Army, college and 35+ years marriage before I went DE.View attachment 1473630

Yup. The BIC metal is indeed an excellent razor. It's my go-to travel razor, and I also use it if I can't seem to get a clean result on my neck.

I’ll +1 to both of these cartridge razors. I have that exact same vintage Trac II set, bought at a TWA gift shop at the airport in 1977. One blade is great. Two blades are enough and more than two are too many.

While I have a different compact Trac II travel razor when traveling, I still break out the deluxe kit at home and enjoy shaving with it just as much as any of my DE’s SE’s or Straights. Trac II carts can be found cheap online or at most dollar stores and just about any brand will slip on that handle and give an excellent shave.

The Bic Metal is a great shave from a lightweight compact plastic razor also. Shaves way above it’s price tag.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I also got a great deal on some Bic Metal razors on Amazon. They showed up yesterday, but today, I'm going to return to my Blutt BR-1 1.20 that is feeling very neglected. <eg>

Top Bottom