Astro Boy
Voltron
Thunder Cats
He-Man
She-Ra
G.I. Joe
Thansformers
Scooby Doo
And of course the Looney Toons, Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Woody Woodpecker, Roadrunner, and Pink Panther

Absolute favorite:

Tom and Jerry

Watch now:

Kung Fu Panda
Penguins of Madigasscar
All Hail King Julian

I tried to get into Manga cartoon, but only enjoyed Astro Boy.
Wow, that's a familiar list. Haha. No Robotech? :facep:

I don't remember Astro Boy :idea:

I use to love Catch the Peigion and Whacy Races sadly these are no longer on now. But my 2 grandchildren are getting to the age were they are being to watch TV so I guess its just a matter of time till I end up with new favourites
They are both available on DVD, if you were interested in acquiring them. I wondered if anyone ever did a tally on the Wacky Racers to see who won the most races in total. I suppose it would be fairly easy to do with the DVD collection.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
They are both available on DVD, if you were interested in acquiring them. I wondered if anyone ever did a tally on the Wacky Racers to see who won the most races in total. I suppose it would be fairly easy to do with the DVD collection.
Thank you so much ill have to get them and watch them with my grandchildren. I think I've just found another rabbit hole ;)

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Wow lots of memories. My cartoon viewing goes back to the fifties.

Now, things I noticed in the Popeye cartoons:
Bluto’s name changed to Brutus.
Popeye’s closed eye could be either eye.
Popeye and Bluto must have been heavy drinkers. Look what they were always fighting about. Olive Oil! Come on man.

Now, things I noticed in the Popeye cartoons:
Bluto’s name changed to Brutus.
Popeye’s closed eye could be either eye.
Popeye and Bluto must have been heavy drinkers. Look what they were always fighting about. Olive Oil! Come on man.
The eye thing may be explained by the same reason why pirates wore an eye patch. By keeping one eye closed above deck, that eye could then be opened when below deck. This would essentially that period of blindness when going from the bright sunlight to a darkened room/hold.

Also, Popeye and Bluto/Brutus fought over Olive Oyl, not Olive Oil. I mean, it's not like they were really looking to do any cooking. 😉

Incidentally, Popeye originated as a character in a (popular) comic strip focused in the Oyl family. Weirdly, the rest of the Oyl family really didn't appear in the Popeye cartoons.

Top Bottom