What's new

Cartoons you watched as a kid/favorite/watch now

I know way to funny, Mel Blanc best voice overs ever!
On the Jack Benny Program, Mel Blanc voiced Jack's old Maxwell and it was such a hit the car became a running gag. It was all initially unscripted! Jack Benny's sound guy was supposed to have a sound effect for the car, but for some reason or other it wasn't working for the (live radio) show. Mel Blanc happened to be in the studio (as another character on the show) so he improvised the sounds of a struggling car in the spot. Jack Benny's old Maxwell was thus born and became as much a part of Jack Benny as his famous "Hmmm" or his tight-fistedness. 🙂

Probably my favorite was "Top Cat" as a really little guy "Huckleberry Hound" When I got a HH plush toy was when I found out he was blue. Favorite contemporary toons 1. The Regular Show" 2. SpongeBob SquarePants

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I'm old, Looney Toons, Tom & Jerry, Top Cat, maybe Space ghost, that was it. Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Rocky & Bullwinkle, that sort of thing. If I watched any of the others mentioned it was because my kids were watching them.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Another classic!

Loved Foghorn Leghorn when he was dealing with the baby chicken hawk

downloadfile.jpg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I remember as a young kid watching a Scooby Doo episode where "the gang" drove not a mystery machine van, but a VW beetle. During the show, the "bad guy" put their VW into a car crusher, and turned it into a cube. At the end of the show, he felt remorse and gave them his van to replace it, which became the "Mystery Machine".

I suspect this was the "pilot" but can't say for sure.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
When I was a kid, I watched a lot of shows.

I really like Voltron and Astro Boy. I probably saw most of them if not all of them. I guess like many other kids I watched the usual suspects: He-man, GI Joe, Transformers, Scooby doo, Looney tunes, the simpsons (when I was older, but not so much today).

My top show was Goldorak
1633955362691.png

Watched as a kid:

Astro Boy
Voltron
Thunder Cats
He-Man
She-Ra
G.I. Joe
Thansformers
Scooby Doo
And of course the Looney Toons, Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Woody Woodpecker, Roadrunner, and Pink Panther

Absolute favorite:

Tom and Jerry

Watch now:

Kung Fu Panda
Penguins of Madigasscar
All Hail King Julian

I tried to get into Manga cartoon, but only enjoyed Astro Boy.

Top Bottom