What's new

Cars and sunshine

with a bit of normality starting to return things are getting brighter, I'm admin of an MG soft top/open top/convertible/sports car(whatever you call it where your from) group with 6000+ members, now with restrictions finally starting to be lifted here in the UK, we managed to get out on one of our group runs last Saturday, and we had a fine day for it too, this years run was to a place up the West coast of Scotland called Inveraray, a beautiful scenic run, i choose all our group runs for the scenery, we get members coming from all parts of the UK for our runs each year, we all meet at a, specific location in Glasgow then we all drive in convoy to the chosen location, i book a hotel beforehand for the group were we all go once we reach our destination and have lunch, so thankfully restrictions are being lifted here now and our events are once again a go👍🏼, every two months or so we get together, 🌞🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗(the pics are of previous events)
20170507_150216.jpg
_20210706_092434.JPG

Not a fan of convertibles. In the 1960s, I always found trees and other things, buzzing by my line of sight, too distracting. It didn't help when a friend and I rebuilt his engine on a TR2, and forgot to lock down the hood when we were done. The next morning, heading to a race, the hood flew up on a highway and cracked us both in the head, before it ripped off the car. No major damage done. Luckily it was only our heads.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Not a fan of convertibles. In the 1960s, I always found trees and other things, buzzing by my line of sight, too distracting. It didn't help when a friend and I rebuilt his engine on a TR2, and forgot to lock down the hood when we were done. The next morning, heading to a race, the hood flew up on a highway and cracked us both in the head, before it ripped off the car. No major damage done. Luckily it was only our heads.

Years of riding motorcycles has shown that I am not distracted by such things as trees, but the hood? Yeah, that might be a bit distracting. Health issues are keeping me off of a motorcycle but a little convertible might be just the ticket! If I can get in and out of it.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Never owned a convertible before. Always wanted an open top Jeep like the original Macgyver. Looks like you have lots of fun on these runs.

Never owned a convertible before. Always wanted an open top Jeep like the original Macgyver. Looks like you have lots of fun on these runs.
yes defo, we do two runs a year, our main one is always to somewhere scenic up the West coast of Scotland, and we have just started doing a second for our members who are further away nearer the South of England, as members from further south complain, they cant get to Scotland for our runs(now they have no reason to moan) 😁, and as well as our annual run, we do bi-monthly meets (in different locations) the difference between the meets and runs are that, i book a hotel for lunch, and we all just meet at the particular hotel and all have lunch there together, whereas on a run we meet in Glasgow and all drive in a convoy to the location, it can be anywhere from about 70 miles to 200+ miles,but its great fun and we have great days out👍🏼

Last edited:
Top Bottom