What's new

Carry Revolver - What are the options?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Was looking at a 642 (Airweight, matte silver) at Academy with the wife today. I am almost there.
1957 Centennial Lemon Squeezer & 2018 642;
proxy.php

Was looking at a 642 (Airweight, matte silver) at Academy with the wife today. I am almost there.
I went shooting with my buddy today. We battled back and forth him shooting his Kimber revolver, and me shooting my 442. It was good times. We were hitting steel out at 35 yards. The gun is plenty accurate, but I want to tell you, his trigger, the trigger on the Kimber is spectacular. When I first got my 442 the difference was overwhelming. Now that I’ve got a Apex Tactical trigger and have shot the thing a bit though, the difference is minimal at best. He says he can’t tell the difference.

The 642 or 442 is awesome. Not as fast as a semi, that’s for sure, but way more pleasing somehow.

Good luck!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I went shooting with my buddy today. We battled back and forth him shooting his Kimber revolver, and me shooting my 442. It was good times. We were hitting steel out at 35 yards. The gun is plenty accurate, but I want to tell you, his trigger, the trigger on the Kimber is spectacular. When I first got my 442 the difference was overwhelming. Now that I’ve got a Apex Tactical trigger and have shot the thing a bit though, the difference is minimal at best. He says he can’t tell the difference.

The 642 or 442 is awesome. Not as fast as a semi, that’s for sure, but way more pleasing somehow.

Good luck!
Thanks. It goes $20 more than the non-member Sportsman Guide member price, but no shipping, no middle man, I can hold before I buy. The Apex spring kit will likely be put on right away.

Thanks. It goes $20 more than the non-member Sportsman Guide member price, but no shipping, no middle man, I can hold before I buy. The Apex spring kit will likely be put on right away.
Bass Pro had it on sale here not long ago. That’s where I got mine. It was under 400 before taxes.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Bass Pro had it on sale here not long ago. That’s where I got mine. It was under 400 before taxes.
It is $429 at Academy. Academy is a mile from the house, Bass Pro is in a section of DFW that I avoid like the plague- constant traffic. However if BP has a lower price advertised, Academy will match it.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.

Good luck!
If you ever get a chance to shoot a S&W Model 10 snub I believe you will find it about what the Kimber hopes to become. A Detective Special is also something to experience.

If you ever get a chance to shoot a S&W Model 10 snub I believe you will find it about what the Kimber hopes to become. A Detective Special is also something to experience.
I see they still manufacture this. Are the current versions as nice as the vintage model 10?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I see they still manufacture this. Are the current versions as nice as the vintage model 10?

... And speaking of vintage Model 10s, the one I handled today has the best DA pull of any revolver in memory. ...must be that choice case-hardening.

AA

Top Bottom