What's new

Carry Revolver - What are the options?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Choosing a revolver to carry makes a statement ... Like owning a sailboat, a classic car or perhaps shaving with an antique razor.

The Dos Equis Man is reading this right now, and nodding.

AA

He’s the most important man in the world. We must nod with him. :)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Today I am carrying my pre model numbers S&W Chiefs Special in an old Galco Miami Classic Lite shoulder rig.

proxy.php

Ordered a set of Altamont scales for my 442.

1583854248155.jpeg

The original grips are great, but as mom always said, I have piano fingers. These grips are longer front to back - we’ll see. I might file down the bottom to keep it compact. Again we’ll see. At $46.00, it’s worth the try.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
What sticks out the back of the handle?
Others answered but wait...there's more.

Smith & Wesson provided an additional feature that allowed the owner to lock the safety. To lock it in the "Fire" mode that is.

Inside the grip there was a tiny highly blued pin and there was a hole in the frame that matched the hole in the grip safety when depressed. You could drop the pin in and it became a regular DAO revolver.

proxy.php

Others answered but wait...there's more.

Smith & Wesson provided an additional feature that allowed the owner to lock the safety. To lock it in the "Fire" mode that is.

Inside the grip there was a tiny highly blued pin and there was a hole in the frame that matched the hole in the grip safety when depressed. You could drop the pin in and it became a regular DAO revolver.

proxy.php
I like grip safeties. That is cool as can be. Thanks for posting this.

Top Bottom