What's new

Carry Revolver - What are the options?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Out the door, mine was $419.22! I mean... That's a great deal for any gun, but for this gun, I feel like I got away with something.

Yesterday I cleaned it and I got to tell you, the difference in the trigger is substantial. It's easy to stage now. I bet simply shooting and cleaning it a couple-three more times will make it feel like a whole new trigger completely. But the fact is, I'm expediting the change a little. According to USPS, my Apex springs and hammer will be here later today. I'm pretty excited.

Aside from that, my ammo came in yesterday. Any you know, a revolver is so versatile. I got the snake shot - #4 and #9 I think it is for the snakes.

View attachment 1071089

This was the whole reason I got the gun - the snake shot. But I got to tell you, only a couple days in and I'm considering packing it. So defensive ammo is needed. And that came too. This is for snakes that don't slither lol.

View attachment 1071090

Pretty cool stuff!! But dang it's short! Look at then in their natural environment!

View attachment 1071091

I'm already considering what my second revolver should be. What a great little ambassador this 442 has been so far!

That's the same load-out I'm carrying!

5 HSTs and a red CCI Big Shot No4.

AA

That's the same load-out I'm carrying!

5 HSTs and a red CCI Big Shot No4.

AA
Nice. They could penetrate a little more but... that expansion. It is a defensive weapon after all, so I’m thinking the penetration should be fine.

I’ll test em this weekend. Too tired right now. I just spent an hour changing out my springs to the Apex Tactical’s. But if you want me to shoot something (legal lol) in the name of science to test em, let me know.

FAE5BD2A-F077-4CAB-96BF-571B3904B95A.jpeg

Anyway, the springs are great. What a difference!! So much lighter!! I Love em. BUT, the trigger return is considerably lighter too. So you can feel the ”grittiness” as the metals rub against each other. And the return is a little stage prone now.

Shooting and dry-firing it should cure that problem, and it just so happens I’m willing to oblige. ;)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Out the door, mine was $419.22! I mean... That's a great deal for any gun, but for this gun, I feel like I got away with something.

Yesterday I cleaned it and I got to tell you, the difference in the trigger is substantial. It's easy to stage now. I bet simply shooting and cleaning it a couple-three more times will make it feel like a whole new trigger completely. But the fact is, I'm expediting the change a little. According to USPS, my Apex springs and hammer will be here later today. I'm pretty excited.

Aside from that, my ammo came in yesterday. Any you know, a revolver is so versatile. I got the snake shot - #4 and #9 I think it is for the snakes.

View attachment 1071089

This was the whole reason I got the gun - the snake shot. But I got to tell you, only a couple days in and I'm considering packing it. So defensive ammo is needed. And that came too. This is for snakes that don't slither lol.

View attachment 1071090

Pretty cool stuff!! But dang it's short! Look at then in their natural environment!

View attachment 1071091

I'm already considering what my second revolver should be. What a great little ambassador this 442 has been so far!
And now you have me watching videos on installing the Apex kit, and I don’t even own the gun

Nice. They could penetrate a little more but... that expansion. It is a defensive weapon after all, so I’m thinking the penetration should be fine.

I’ll test em this weekend. Too tired right now. I just spent an hour changing out my springs to the Apex Tactical’s. But if you want me to shoot something (legal lol) in the name of science to test em, let me know.

View attachment 1071250

Anyway, the springs are great. What a difference!! So much lighter!! I Love em. BUT, the trigger return is considerably lighter too. So you can feel the ”grittiness” as the metals rub against each other. And the return is a little stage prone now.

Shooting and dry-firing it should cure that problem, and it just so happens I’m willing to oblige. ;)
I left the return spring OEM, after trying 3 different Wolff. Left OEM stryker+spring, too.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

View attachment 1071250

The HST is one round I believe will expand out of a 2"!

Seeing the springs, I probably should change out my SP101s ...

AA

I really like the trigger in my 642. I also like to stage the trigger when I practice with it. I find it easy to do with that particular pistol. Mastering it has made my technique better overall I believe.

The HST is one round I believe will expand out of a 2"!

Seeing the springs, I probably should change out my SP101s ...

AA
I shot a box of them today out of my 442, so let me just confirm that for you! The HSTs blossom out of a 2” like marigolds in spring (I chose marigolds because they are great at repelling pests lol)! Moreover, you’d think they might have heavy recoil - nope. I like em so far!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Choosing a revolver to carry makes a statement ... Like owning a sailboat, a classic car or perhaps shaving with an antique razor.

The Dos Equis Man is reading this right now, and nodding.

AA

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The newest Ruger Redhawk holds eight .357 Magnum rounds. It's a 2.75" barrel, but that's fine for a carry gun. DA / SA and comes with three moon clips.

The 4" .44 Mag would have to be a hand cannon. That .357 is pretty sweet. I just wish the Redhawks were not so darn expensive.

Top Bottom