What's new

Carne Guisada Recipe

Aaron, so far your carnitas thread and picadillo thread have had us eating pretty good! Everybody in the house likes the picadillo and that is a rare thing:) So this is next for sure, it looks amazing.

Keep this up you could post a recipe for skunk and I'm probably going to try it! Once at least.

One question.."low and slow" in an oven, for the final cooking of everything; is that at about 175? I've never slow cooked anything in the oven.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
One question.."low and slow" in an oven, for the final cooking of everything; is that at about 175? I've never slow cooked anything in the oven.

The oven is great for this recipe, stews or for braising. The heat surrounds the covered pot instead of just from the bottom. It means it won't burn on the bottom.

I cook my carne guisada, stews and braises at about 325 degrees (F). Sometimes lower in the 275(F) to 300(F) range. Each oven is different. Cook in a enameled cooked dutch oven with the lid on.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Aaron, so far your carnitas thread and picadillo thread have had us eating pretty good! Everybody in the house likes the picadillo and that is a rare thing:) So this is next for sure, it looks amazing.

Keep this up you could post a recipe for skunk and I'm probably going to try it! Once at least.

Otto, I can't say enough good things about the carne guisada recipe. It's rich, meaty, sweet and savory with a great gravy sauce. The meat is fall apart tender. You can put it in a toasted tortilla (has to be toasted or it falls apart) or over rice. Some recipes put it on top of cooked potato wedges. Hot sauce is a must, with cilantro and a squeeze of lime.

NO, NO's are cheese or soar cream....don't ruin it with those.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Otto, I can't say enough good things about the carne guisada recipe. It's rich, meaty, sweet and savory with a great gravy sauce. The meat is fall apart tender. You can put it in a toasted tortilla (has to be toasted or it falls apart) or over rice. Some recipes put it on top of cooked potato wedges. Hot sauce is a must, with cilantro and a squeeze of lime.

My name is Owen, and I'm a cheesaholic.

The oven is great for this recipe, stews or for braising. The heat surrounds the covered pot instead of just from the bottom. It means it won't burn on the bottom.

I cook my carne guisada, stews and braises at about 325 degrees (F). Sometimes lower in the 275(F) to 300(F) range. Each oven is different. Cook in a enameled cooked dutch oven with the lid on.

Okay gotcha. I see now the top of the recipe says to preheat to 300-325. Doh!

Looks right up my alley for sure. And I wouldn't think of messing that up with cheese and sour cream! No way.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Okay gotcha. I see now the top of the recipe says to preheat to 300-325. Doh!

Looks right up my alley for sure. And I wouldn't think of messing that up with cheese and sour cream! No way.

A nice simple pico de gallo or a home made salsa is good as a topping.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

Otto, you could also try my Texas Red Chili recipe.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/437091-Texas-Red-Chili-Recipe

Its not a modern spaghetti sauce type chili with tomatoes and beans.

Top Bottom