What's new

Caring For Your Edwin Jagger DE89

Hi Guys! Happy Friday.
I know many of you use an Edwin Jagger razor. For many years I've tried out quite a few razors until I discovered the Edwin Jagger DE89 and fell in love with how well it worked for me. I ended up selling off most of the ones I had bought and gave away a couple.
I shave daily, but even with 3-4 days of growth, this razor performs very well. I really don't need another razor although there are a couple that are really tempting me. Lol.
Now after hearing that the thread post on this razor can break if it's dropped and that the thread alone can degrade over time, I decided to get another Edwin Jagger just in case.
I thought these razors were made to last a loooooong time. I can see that it's made really well and the positive reviews can't be wrong. I know people who have been using their Edwin Jagger for almost 10 years.
Is there anything that can be done to ensure these razors last? Anything to keep in mind in terms of the degradation of the threads. I'm very careful to not drop it. Every week when I change blades, I give it a good clean. And I never over tighten. Anything else I should be doing?

Happy weekend all.

Mark
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

I agree - they are well made and more importantly, excellent shavers. Also made by a company with a very strong customer service ethic, which adds to its value (a warranty is only as good as the company who is behind it).

My recommendations:

Give it a thorough & gentle clean about once per month (or whenever its required), using dish soap and a microfiber towel.

Also, every time I change the blade, I put a drop of mineral oil on the thread - just for extra protection. Alternatively, you could use Vaseline petroleum jelly.

Enjoy your EJ's.

I agree - they are well made and more importantly, excellent shavers. Also made by a company with a very strong customer service ethic, which adds to its value (a warranty is only as good as the company who is behind it).

My recommendations:

Give it a thorough & gentle clean about once per month (or whenever its required), using dish soap and a microfiber towel.

Also, every time I change the blade, I put a drop of mineral oil on the thread - just for extra protection. Alternatively, you could use Vaseline petroleum jelly.

Enjoy your EJ's.
Thank you very much. Most appreciated!

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom