What's new

Careful with that Axe, Eugene

Last night I used a Big Fella (Single Ring) for the first time and really hacked my face! Single Rings are one of my favorite razors, I have several and get great shaves. The Big Fella is definitely heavier so I was careful with my technique and applied no pressure, let the weight of the razor do the work. I used a brand new Personna blade and a really good whipped up lathering of P.160 - nothing out of the ordinary. The only thing different was the razor and it ate my face up! Yikes! Think it was the razor? or just a bad blade?

If there was a "Thread Title of the Week" award, this would get my vote!

-s

Oh, Yeah! Nothing like classic Pink Floyd tunes to shave by.
Actually, one of my all-time favourite song titles is from the same album (Ummagumma): "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict"
It can't get any better than that!

Would love to comment further, but I'm off with Arnold Layne to See Emily Play - he wants to stop by the Laundro'mat for some reason though.. :confused1

You know how you can put on Dark Side of the Moon and hit play when the lion roars on the Wizard of Oz? If you played Careful with that Axe, Eugene while I was shaving you get a similar synchronization. It was all fine and dandy at first, the face lathering, the WTG (with a nick! really? on the first pass?), the rinse and relathering, but by the end of second pass there was screaming and of all things I was bold enough to go ahead with some XTG touch ups... The song really fits.

Anyhoo, I did leave of "or the technique?" and it sounds like it's a combination of technique and razor, or technique adjustment due to the heft of the razor, which is good news really. I will give it another go. I really liked the feel of the razor, the weight was amazing. I'm thinking I might need to actually hold back a little.

It also sounds like there are a lot of Pink Floyd fans! Just have to say that I had the opportunity to listen to Live at Pompeii while sitting in the coliseum at Pompeii! A truly breathtaking and once in a lifetime experience. My girlfriend (now my wife) didn't appreciate it much - it was hot, she was bored, and I took too long.

It also sounds like there are a lot of Pink Floyd fans! Just have to say that I had the opportunity to listen to Live at Pompeii while sitting in the coliseum at Pompeii! A truly breathtaking and once in a lifetime experience.

VERY cool!!! I've never met anybody who was at that show. Closest I got was Mile HIGH Stadium, Denver.

My girlfriend (now my wife) didn't appreciate it much - it was hot, she was bored, and I took too long.

And you married her anyway?!?!? :001_tongu

My wife's the same way. I mention PF and she thinks I'm talking about a fashion designer :a52:

Good luck on the next shave.

VERY cool!!! I've never met anybody who was at that show.

There wasn't anyone at that show. It was back in 1971 and the band just set up in the middle of the coliseum at Pompeii and just got their rocks off, playing and recording six songs. There was no one there besides audio and video crew. I had a copy on cassette with me at the time (shows how long ago this was) and listened to it (about an hour) while sitting in the coliseum. I mean, I was in Italy, was I supposed to drink the wine and eat pasta? Well, yes, but I also took my Pink Floyd cassette and went to Pompeii!

proxy.php

Jeez! I got another rough shave with this thing last night even though I went into it knowing the damage it could do. I was gentle, worked up excellent lather, applied no pressure, or "negative" pressure, and still hacked my face (to little tiny pieces). It looked like some of my first DE shaves! (I almost took a pic but decided to save some face.) I will get the hand of this, I know it.

On the other hand, even well over 12 hours later, my face still feels almost BBS. This one shaves REAL close!

My theory is that it's the razor. Wait, it's me, I know, it's my technique, for sure, but this is the first really heavy razor with a handle that long. I noticed last night that I hold it entirely different from the way I hold my other razors. This in turn I believe is affecting my angle and pressure. So, even though I have pretty good technique (with other razors) that technique doesn't seem to be transferring well to this razor. Just a theory.

You know how you can put on Dark Side of the Moon and hit play when the lion roars on the Wizard of Oz? If you played Careful with that Axe, Eugene while I was shaving you get a similar synchronization. It was all fine and dandy at first, the face lathering, the WTG (with a nick! really? on the first pass?), the rinse and relathering, but by the end of second pass there was screaming and of all things I was bold enough to go ahead with some XTG touch ups... The song really fits.

Anyhoo, I did leave of "or the technique?" and it sounds like it's a combination of technique and razor, or technique adjustment due to the heft of the razor, which is good news really. I will give it another go. I really liked the feel of the razor, the weight was amazing. I'm thinking I might need to actually hold back a little.

It also sounds like there are a lot of Pink Floyd fans! Just have to say that I had the opportunity to listen to Live at Pompeii while sitting in the coliseum at Pompeii! A truly breathtaking and once in a lifetime experience. My girlfriend (now my wife) didn't appreciate it much - it was hot, she was bored, and I took too long.

I hear this all the time....oh wait, you're talking about the concert.:blushing:

Top Bottom