What's new

Carbon Shaving LE Copper

I continue to enjoy this Carbon CX in copper in my weekly rotation. The patina continues to develop nicely.
Imagepipe_57.jpg

I have no connection to this razor maker, but am subscribed to see the low run special edition razors he does. Pretty stuff! This is a Damascus Ti that he's working on. This is his pic from his web site.
Imagepipe_58.jpg

Yesterday I received one of a small run of Mokume razors from Carbon. I was a little concerned about buyers remorse with this one as I already have a lot of super nice razors. But after just one use I can see that my regret would have been to not jump at the chance to buy this razor (you put your name on a list and when one is made you have 48 hours to decide if you want it). Sean even sent me some pics of a few different caps for me to choose as the pattern comes out different on every one. I'll be curious to see how the patina works out on this. Very pleased with this razor.
Imagepipe_36.jpg

This razor handle has become one of my favorites. Nice heft and the smooth copper has a lovely feel to it. Today I used a Kai blade and the razor responded wonderfully. Fantastic pairing of razor and blade. I've been letting this razor develop its patina for a few months now in order to see how the damaskene would show up in patina, but I think I'll polish it back to new condition and see which I like better. I think the patina actually masks the mixed metals somewhat.
Imagepipe_39.jpg

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Nice razor. I like copper a lot especially with patina. I have a Zenith Boar and Horse with the copper handle. I purposely let drops of water dry on them at times to give some character.

Used a Gillette seven o clock yellow today on its third use in the Carbon mokume. Not as efficient as other blades for me. But still a close shave with no issues.
Image1276421580325477481.jpg

I just found this thread. I love your razor. I want a copper at some point. I love my carbon cx .68 ss. I will either go ti or copper next up. I just wish he made a more aggressive plate. Call me crazy.
I find a Kai a very good fit. So does a feather. Today I used a German Wilkinson sword. More mellow but I needed mellow after a few days of using an aggressive se

Top Bottom