What's new

Carbon Shaving LE Copper

Anyone else here get one of these? I think they sold out in a few minutes. I received mine yesterday. It was interesting to see that right out of the box it was already quite patina. I took some Flitz to the head and all the spots came out perfectly. Not sure I'll try do the handle. I did the tip and it shined up nice, but with all the knurling on the handle I don't think I could get it all shined up. In the pic you can see how dark the handle is compared to the head. Beautiful looking razor. Looking forward to trying it.
Imagepipe_27.jpg
Imagepipe_26.jpg

No, I rarely use Flitz but will use it sometimes for water spots that don't look like an even patina. I usually let the patina go and I like the look of aged copper.
Imagepipe_30.jpg
but I was slightly perplexed by the patina on this razor right out of the box and was expecting to begin with a high shine razor as it is nicely polished. So, I shined up the head to get a glimpse of the new shine and to confirm that the markings on it came off easily. It's number four in a series of 26 limited production, so I guess it could have been sitting for a few months after being made while the rest were made and ready for sale. Very pleased with it so far.

I used this Carbon Cx copper for the second time today and put a Feather (3) in it which gave a very good shave and highly efficient. I think I'll park on this razor for a while and explore some more blade options. I'm particularly interested in what the Kai will be like, but also Yellows, GSBs and Personna.
Imagepipe_36.jpg

A few shaves in with this razor now and it continues to please. I've used a few different blades in it including a Yellow, a GSB and today a PermaSharp. It does not seem to require a super steep angle for optimal efficiency, which I like. The weight and ergonomics are very pleasant.
Imagepipe_23.jpg

One final post on the Carbon Cx copper. It was with some anticipation that I put a Kai blade in the Carbon Cx copper this week as my regard for these blades has increased with each use this year. Especially in my Brass'Bird the Kai is pretty dramatic in the difference it makes. But it was rather anticlimactic after two uses in the Carbon. A very good shave for sure and without issues, but I'd have to say that the Carbon copper is a mid efficient razor with very smooth attributes. I even found myself adding some pressure on the third pass to work on the tough spots. A beautiful and limited edition razor that is very easy to use suitable for people that don't care for aggressive razors with a lotView attachment 1306768 of blade feel.

About six months in with this razor and it will continue in a weekly rotation. It is quite mild and I find the absence of blade feel rather odd given the razors that I use on other days. But my goal in rotation is diversity, not imitation, so it fits in well once a week. It's most efficient angle seems to be more towards the cap which I kind of like, especially when shaving South-North with the handle pointed at the ceiling. I find it hard to maintain a steep angle with the handle tight to the face unless the strokes are North-South and the handle pointed at the floor.
In six months the color has changed quite a bit. I've not used any Flitz on it as copper doesn't seem to get the ugly water spots that my brass razors do. I quite like how copper ages and there doesn't seem to be many being made.
Imagepipe_31.jpg

Top Bottom