What's new

CARBON SHAVING - DRATS!!! :(

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
Drats!

I had saved the Carbon Shaving page on my office computer.

I was talking the wifey into letting me spend $250 on Carbon Shaving's CX-316L razor.

She finally gave-in and gave me the "OK". (With an iron stare, while holding our baby, warning me that this better be it)!

So I go to my office PC where I still have the Carbon Shaving page open, and I click, "Add to Cart".

Nothing.

Drats, lets try again...

Nothing.

Hmmm...

Lets refresh the page.

Boom...suddenly it goes up $50.00!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

It is now being sold for $300.

Wifey ain't gonna let this happen now.

Totally bites. :em18:

I have finally finished buying razors (for the moment), but I know what you mean. When I set my mind to wanting a razor very little stood in the way even ridiculous $ amounts. I looked really hard at the Carbon and honestly I have some $200 razors that shave just as well if not better.. My advice would be to post a WTB on the BST forum and see if a member has one willing to let theirs go for the price range you have.. You never know, someone has probably purchased one and it may not be getting used.. Worth a shot, I would say do it before she changes her mind on the $250.. :c1:

Drats!

I was talking the wifey into letting me spend $250 on Carbon Shaving's CX-316L razor.

She finally gave-in and gave me the "OK". (With an iron stare, while holding our baby, warning me that this better be it)!

So I go to my office PC where I still have the Carbon Shaving page open, and I click, "Add to Cart".

Nothing.

Drats, lets try again...

Nothing.

Hmmm...

Lets refresh the page.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

You might try emailing them and mentioning that you were planning to buy before they raised their price. Since the price was so recently increased, they might be willing to help you out.

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
It's an error. The price was not increased. It has to do with the new drop down that says add a razor stand or no stand. Also a new option for blade gap lower plate was added.

Went back to the website with this new knowledge, and ready to purchase.

But it STILL says $299.00.

Even saved it to my cart with the standard .68mm, w/no stand, and it still said $299.00.

Sadly, if I cannot get it for $250.00, I will need to look elsewhere.

I emailed him, and I will await his response.

carbon shaving.jpg

Drats!

Nothing.

Drats, lets try again...

Nothing.

Hmmm...

Lets refresh the page.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

You must also live in Canada.

I love my CX 316. It’s amazing. And the customer service is a cut above.

I had a problem with an order and emailed them. I literally got a a phone call from the owner who left a message and explained everything.

Very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted in the Janus Toggle razor thread earlier today that I received perhaps one of he best shaves yet with it. An excellent BBS shave finish with great longevity. My face is still feeling great but, there are just the tinniest hints of stubble breaking through after nearly 17 hours into the shave from yesterday @4pm. On my ride home and as I’m feeling my mug in the search for more whiskers to annihilate, I says to myself “Self, your shave was so good yesterday, you might as well hang up the razors for today. Not worth the effort.” Hehehe, I chuckled. And I wholeheartedly agreed with meself 100%. I gets home and my Misses gives me a smooch and a “how’s your day been, honey” and before I can even think of the words to say, she says “Oh, this was in the mail for you Dear. Isn’t that the Titanium thingamajiggie whatchamacallit razor you’ve been waiting for?” And she extends her hands with the package damn near under my nostrils. I step back as if I had seen Lucifer and the Fallen Angels confront me in my own kitchen, pitchforks and all. I open my mouth but no words are spoken nor heard. All I can muster is a measly “ssshhhhh.” My Misses brings me back from my stupor and unfounded disbelief as I see her moving towards me in an almost slow-motion type move, like I’m part of a Matrix movie scene. Even her words sounded totally unrecognizable to me as she says “Iiiiiiiittt’sss ooookkaaaaay Deeeeaaarrr. Goooooooo, ennnjjooooyyy yooouurr neeewwww raaaazzzooorrrr.” I just half knowingly nodded, still in a confused haze of reality and trying to make sense of what had just occurred and plodded my way to the shave den. There I was, in front of my mirror with a new razor and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I CAN’T SHAVE!!!! NO WHISKERS!!!

I’m sitting on the throne willing my whiskers to grow. If there was a DE Sword I’d impale myself onto it and scream TO THE SHAVE GODS! Anyways, I’d love to get a shave in but, I don’t think it’s happening tonight. Maybe tomorrow morning sadly. DAMN that Janus Toggle!!!

Sorry for the bad pics, Gents. I’m gutted at the moment.........

76C44E39-A9B1-47C8-885D-94ED63E8A00E.jpeg

8783F887-9D77-4AB7-A35A-62C4A2B330C8.jpeg

B9F9A6E2-CE4B-4CA0-AADB-003666C6E11C.jpeg

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
Nice!

CLICK HERE to check out my personal review of the CX-316L.

Have a few different blades on hand.

Personally, the Personna MedPrep was my favorite.

The Feather was a tight second.

But I shave both head and face, so it might be different for me, than from non-head shavers.

For my face, the Astra and the Gillette Nacet were great.

You will learn to love it once you find that perfect blade

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Nice!

CLICK HERE to check out my personal review of the CX-316L.

Have a few different blades on hand.

Personally, the Personna MedPrep was my favorite.

The Feather was a tight second.

But I shave both head and face, so it might be different for me, than from non-head shavers.

For my face, the Astra and the Gillette Nacet were great.

You will learn to love it once you find that perfect blade

Ah! My mistake...old thread. You got it! Wonderful.

Top Bottom