What's new

Carbon Cx Ti ++ Vs. Haircut & Shaving Ti PO76

I bought both these razors at retail price from both companies and am not invested, affiliated or sponsored by either manufacturer. These are 2 relatively new Titanium razors in what is becoming, thankfully for us wetshavers, a growing market of extremely well made, designed, tight fitting razors that give a very smooth efficient shave. I really like both these razors and am very glad they are in my den, the difference between these 2 are small but apparent to me when I compare them side by side.

Carbon Cx-Ti ++(6A 4V Ti) $349.99 USD Weight 52g

Haircut & Shave Titanium Grade 5 PO76 $400 USD Weight 62g

The fit of these 2 razors is best of the best, both come with washers between handle and head and though I am not a fan I have kept them on these 2 razors.

The polished finish is Slightly better on the H&S but the laser markings on the Cx baseplate are very crisp and I like it.

Pre-Shave ETHOS First Lather

Blade 1st use Nacet

Soap ETHOS Clean

Brush Brad Sears Ebonite

AS ETHOS unscented Skin Food

I did a 2 pass WTG then ATG shave on a 24 hour beard.

First Pass. Both razors took down 90% of my growth and were very smooth, slightly more blade feel with the H&S and a little louder feedback. The Cx has a slightly narrower sweet spot but it is easy to find and maintain

Second Pass. Again both razors were very smooth, the Cx felt a little smoother ATG, but based on my last few shaves with the H&S it may be because of the Nacet blade vs. the Polsilver I had been using in the H&S.

Cool water rinse and the Cx side needed a little touch up around the Adam’s apple and a small area under the Jawline for BBS, the H&S was BBS without touch up.

Both of these razors gave an excellent smooth shave for me, the Cx was ever so slightly smoother ATG and the H&S was a little more efficient. They both got me a wonderful BBS shave and I can use both as a daily driver.
CA65351B-02F5-43DE-9442-07D6DAA91A45.jpeg

I have the Cx-316L/Ti and really like it. Any idea how the Haircut & Shave 76 compares to the Cx standard plate?

I have the Cx-316L/Ti and really like it. Any idea how the Haircut & Shave 76 compares to the Cx standard plate?
I had the standard plate and sold it recently as the ++ plate felt as smooth but was a significant step up in efficiency for me, so for me the PO76 would be quite a bit more efficient with little loss of smoothness, if any.

Happy 4th of July to all my friends in the USA. So after spending the day on the boat with my kids and grandkids came home for dinner. Pulled out the H&S Ti PO76 with a Nacet blade and ETHOS success soap and got a wonderful one pass WTG DFS for dinner. This razor shaves better than it looks, I am very pleased with the continued results of this razor. Enjoy the evening my friends.

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Happy 4th of July to all my friends in the USA. So after spending the day on the boat with my kids and grandkids came home and for dinner. Pulled out the H&S Ti PO76 with a Nacet blade and ETHOS success soap and got a wonderful one pass WTG DFS for dinner. This razor shaves better than it looks, I am very pleased with the continued results of this razor. Enjoy the evening my friends.
Sounds like a great day, Mark! Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July to all my friends in the USA. So after spending the day on the boat with my kids and grandkids came home for dinner. Pulled out the H&S Ti PO76 with a Nacet blade and ETHOS success soap and got a wonderful one pass WTG DFS for dinner. This razor shaves better than it looks, I am very pleased with the continued results of this razor. Enjoy the evening my friends.

It's definitely on my radar again. Thanks for the review!

From the photos the polish on both razors is exceptional given they are titanium - especially the H and S. I have been reading many great reviews of h and s razors great shaving performance.

I have to say though that while both razors look good, their handles look as if they are homages to other razor handle designs. The handle of the h and s reminds me too much of a tradere handle while the carbon handle looks to me like it is reminiscent of a wolfman wrh3. Of course they are certainly not identical and it gets increasingly more difficult to make a truly fresh design and most designs are inspired or influenced by older designs but they just remind me too much of those designs.

A thread bump as I’m hoping the OP @Shavemd won’t mind me posting my initial shave and thoughts on the H&S PO76 Ti. The thread is more of a comparison between two specific Ti razors but, I figured why open up a separate thread when this one exists. I also have the Carbon Cx-Ti but, a comparison between the two would be moot as Mark has done a brilliant write up between them in which I agree on terms of how they compare. Truly a great summation imo.

Anyhow, I’ve had the H&S Ti for almost 2 weeks in its container and all I’ve done is just look at it as I was shaving with a Gillette Toggle (on loan from another great forum member @Graydog) and more recently, the beautifully done Blackbird Tradere. Finally today I decided to put the Tradere aside and bring out the H&S Ti. Plenty has been said here and across multiple forums on the beauty and craftsmanship that this razor beholds. My pics just don’t do it justice. Precision & luxury of the highest order with the performance to back it up.
CB6FD952-AF60-4F18-B9F7-E55A62773D8F.jpeg

Loaded a fresh Shark Platinum and went to work on 24hrs. of beard growth. Great face feel and comfort from first stroke. The Ti alloy brings a soft almost warm like feeling to ones shave that has to be experienced and felt to understand why it is becoming a sought after alloy in the shaving world. The blade feel and the comfort of the razor blends nearly perfectly on touch regardless of what stage of the shave one is progressing through. The razor brought me to a nearly flawless BBS finish and I could have stopped right there with 2 marvelous passes. But, I felt the tiniest of stubborn stragglers around the Adam’s Apple (the toughest spot for me with any and every razor) and just went for the kill. Superb clean up pass that felt comfortable, smooth and yet decisive in accomplishing the task leaving nothing but smooth clean skin without any irritation or weepers to speak of. World class shaver with exquisite looks and results to back it up. Just a wonderful first shave and no disappointments whatsoever.

Many things have been said on where does one stop in purchasing these uber priced razors made of exotic alloys. All we’re doing here is shaving. These razors have gone well past the $300-$400 dollar range from multiple artisan makers and I can’t tell you whether the price is justified for you or others. I will say that I’m extremely fortunate to have purchased one when the Ti was first released at a cost of $400. Since then, the price has gone to $500 for the PO76 Ti. I believed that at the time it was released, it was a relative bargain and more so once I finally experienced how it performs. Yes, I thought it was underpriced then and now it reflects a bit more of what I thought it should have gone for. Again, that’s just my opinion. We’re all entitled to one.

I won’t recommend this razor to everyone if you’re just looking for a tool that gets the job done without fanfare or fuss. There are plenty of excellent razors out there made of premium alloys that are vastly less expensive and deliver wonderful shaves. But, having said that, if you’re one that enjoys a quality and luxurious type product that brings pride in ownership & performance from elite artisan razor producers, the H&S PO76 should be strongly considered if it hasn’t been on one’s radar. First shave and it’s a Gem....

E8E69472-7C26-4958-8B71-414EFAC4D193.jpeg

Neither of these razors have been available for a while, but there are some Carbon Ti for sale today. For $150 less than the H&S and reportedly a wee bit smoother at the expense of some efficiency, I picked up the XX plated razor in Ti. Looking forward to comparing it to the Wolf WR2, although I think it's design is probably more comparable to a WR1, which I don't have yet (waiting).

Top Bottom