What's new

CAR Hydrolast Spray Tonics

Do any of you guys have much experience with the Hydrolast Spray Tonics?
I've been really tempted to get one, but I'd like to hear from some other folks as to whether or not they have any real skin care value or are they more intended for simply "freshening up" after your shave?

What's your favorite of the scents that are offered ?

I use the CAR Peppermint A/C Cream .... which of the tonics would pair up nicely with the Peppermint? Or does it matter ?

I like them all. I've tried using the CAR cream without the tonic and the results are not as good. Not that the cream is bad, it's just the combination of the two create a great result for me.

I've used a number of different scents with the peppermint cream and it didn't seem to make a difference. For me, these products work just as promised.

Thanks Rick.

EcoRick said:
I like them all. I've tried using the CAR cream without the tonic and the results are not as good. Not that the cream is bad, it's just the combination of the two create a great result for me.

I've used a number of different scents with the peppermint cream and it didn't seem to make a difference. For me, these products work just as promised.

I will be posting a review on this product sometime in the near future. The jist of it however - is I personally feel this product is more of a luxury, then a functional item. Not that it doesn't feel great, and smell great - but I do not think it on its own has much of a benefit. Now - with the addition of the moisture cream - that is another story. I agree with Rick in that it DOES seem to improve the results of the moisture cream - HOWEVER with that said, any tonic/hydrosol product should work just as good. It is my opinion that QED DaVinci water is a superior product (both for what it does to/for your skin and scent wise) however it is not offered in a myriad of scents like the CAR Tonic. I must say the CAR Frankensense (sp?) and Orange is quite nice.... as is the Summer Sage.

I agree with Joel, it appears to me to be a luxury item. That said; I am a sucker for Bay Rum and I have used several bottles of CAR's Bay Rum Hydrosol. The nice thing about CAR's hydrosols is that they can be "beefed up" with extra fragrence by simply asking him. I always get my bay rum hydrosol in "extra strength". I wish his hydrosol had just a touch of witch hazel but that's just me. :blush:

Cliff

Scotto said:
Cliff, check out Em's hydrosols , "hydrosol-plus", and after shave splashes - great products at significantly less $$....
I've seen them Scotto but never tried them. Have you ? And if so, how do you like them ? She has many flavors.....including a bay rum. :biggrin:

Cliff said:
I've seen them Scotto but never tried them. Have you ? And if so, how do you like them ? She has many flavors.....including a bay rum. :biggrin:
I haven't tried the Bay Rum, but I own the Neroli, Lavender, Rose, and Chamomile (a must try!) hydrosols from her. All are inexpensive and very good. I also have the Lavender/Rose "hydrosol plus" which combines the hydrsols with some pure EOs - also very nice. Her after shave splashes (witch hazel based with various EOs and hydrosols) are also a staple in my shave den. If you are a sandalwood nut, the "balancing" splash is sublime. Also, the cucumber splash is extra-special. Get my drift? :wink:

Top Bottom