What's new

Car Accidents: I hate them

All driving consists of is basically paying attention and making small adjustments. Inattention to the most dangerous activity the average person takes part in every day is not very wise. Trying to beat red lights is one of the leading causes of wrecks in intersections. You are 100% on the fact that many people just don't care about anyone else. Look at the piece of trash who ran that old man over a few months ago, and drove away. I saw a video of someone run over a kid on a bike at a gas station and drive off. It's pathetic.

As you know, I work security at a hospital. A few years back, an old man was struck by a vehicle in front of the hospital. I didn't see the initial incident, but I heard it and looked in time to see the poor man coming back down onto the pavement. He was thrown up into a tree before he hit the ground. I was the first to get to him. Kratos knows what I am talking about when I say how horrible to be there with the man looking up at you, crying and asking you to help him and therer is nothing you can do but try and stop the bleeding.

Several ER nurses arrived, but, ER nurses don't normally do this and were at a loss. When a patient gets to the hospital, the patient has been packaged, libs are pointing the right way again, etc. It really messed up a lot of them and many had to go for counseling.

Once I turned the patient over to them, I started gathering witnesses to hold them until PD arrived. The one kid started telling me what he saw. I was irritated that he seemed so calloused about it, almost as if it was an irritation. Basically, him and another car were racing. that was when I realized, this little piece of :9898: is the one that hit the man. He then asked if he could leave. The man's glasses were still stuck in this kid's windshield! I took a few deep breaths to keep from knocking the kid's teeth down his throat before I told him to sit down and shut up.

I have seen and been involved in too many threads that got closed and do not want to accidentally contribute to that happening again. So I hope this doesn't take this thread in a bad direction. However, Kratos' post, especially, reminded me of this incident and I had to get it off my chest. I still get angry at that waste of my oxygen from that day. He was being stupid, not paying attention, and did not care one little bit. I hope that kid finally realized what he had done and it haunts him for the rest of his life.

BTW, the man died a short while later. In fact, I was the last person to hear him speak. He went unconscious as the nurses were arriving and never regained it. I have worked other fatalities at the hospital and volunteer fire department, but none have ever filled me with rage like this one.

That is way past despicable. That would have been a tough situation not to strangle that kid. Just hammers home how bad car accidents can be, and how they don't always just involve other cars. I hate 'em all.

Blake that reminds me of something that happened here.

A guy (he was in his early 20s) stopped at a red light. He was driving a Mitsubishi Eclipse. A lady in her 40s pulls up next to him in a Camaro. The guy has two kids in the back (both younger than 13) and the lady has two teenage girls with her. The guy looks at the lady and as soon as the light turns green they start racing.

A few hundred feet down the road a lady is trying to pull out. Her view is obstructed by some trees, but she can see good enough to stop if a car is going the speed limit. Long story short, the guy slams into the lady trying to pull out and kills her and her child. The lady had been trying for a few years to have a child with her husband and finally succeeded and now that baby is dead because of a stupid mistake. One of the kids in the guy's car also dies. The kid's parents entrusted the guy to bring him safely home from an amusement park.

The lady in the Camaro drives off and is arrested a day or two later. It turns out she has had over 15 speeding tickets. The guy in the Eclipse had a suspended license and no insurance.

What is worse is, the parents of the guy bailed him out of jail. The trial has not started.

Blake that reminds me of something that happened here.

A guy (he was in his early 20s) stopped at a red light. He was driving a Mitsubishi Eclipse. A lady in her 40s pulls up next to him in a Camaro. The guy has two kids in the back (both younger than 13) and the lady has two teenage girls with her. The guy looks at the lady and as soon as the light turns green they start racing.

A few hundred feet down the road a lady is trying to pull out. Her view is obstructed by some trees, but she can see good enough to stop if a car is going the speed limit. Long story short, the guy slams into the lady trying to pull out and kills her and her child. The lady had been trying for a few years to have a child with her husband and finally succeeded and now that baby is dead because of a stupid mistake. One of the kids in the guy's car also dies. The kid's parents entrusted the guy to bring him safely home from an amusement park.

The lady in the Camaro drives off and is arrested a day or two later. It turns out she has had over 15 speeding tickets. The guy in the Eclipse had a suspended license and no insurance.

What is worse is, the parents of the guy bailed him out of jail. The trial has not started.

Wow!

Ya. What's worse is that everyone here is on his side and wants him to go without jail time. Sometimes I wonder if I'm living in the US or an asylum.

Both of them are a*******es surely? and both deserve a very harsh punishment, tbh if that was my kid he was bringing home, I'd skin the guy alive anyway....

Tom

Bad news: We don't get the Highlander back until next Wednesday.

Good news: We only have to pay $200 out of pocket. No increase in insurance rate either since my parents have been with Allstate for 25 years and I have had no incidents in my driving career thus far (7 years).

Good news: We only have to pay $200 out of pocket. No increase in insurance rate either since my parents have been with Allstate for 25 years and I have had no incidents in my driving career thus far (7 years).

Good to hear that. I think that the good news outweighs the bad news.

Best of luck to you!

That's Allstate's stand.

Top Bottom