What's new

Captain's Choice ?

Tried the Cat this morning and was warned that it was "the evil twin to the bay rum" and to be ready for the burn. Well, I tried it this morning and the burn wasn't that bad. I started to read the ingredient list and then thats when the burn kicked in!! Woo! I actually liked it. To me it felt more like a burn than the sting of alcohol. Nice scent too, similar to the bay rum.

By the way, the St John's Bay Rum Colognes smell real nice and will have decent staying power. I dont have any of those but i have use a tester at Pasteur Pharmacy and its very nice.

They're all fantastic, however I usually find myself reaching for the bottle of original Bay Rum.

+1. The original is almost a magic trick it's so good.
I like the Lime, too, though it may or may not be a disadvantage that it does fade much more quickly. I would not characterize it as a "bay rum with lime", which I read the original post to assume, though. I don't think the Lime is a bay rum at all. It's something excellent, but something else altogether.

Within a range of excellent, I like the original/classic bay rum best, then the Lime then the Co9T.
See? varied responses... no help at all. You'll need to get samples of all three. Or full servings of all three.

Top Bottom