What's new

Captain's Choice Venture

I was fortunate to receive a sample of Captain's Choice Venture, which is more of a croap than straight out soap. I thought I would leave my impression of it, as I used it for the first time today. I am not good at describing most scents unless it is pine, so this is from the website - "a hint of pineapple followed by a foundation of bergamot and jasmine." I found it to be a really nice scent, distinct, but definitely not strong (I tend to like strong scents). I bowl lathered since the sample containers are small, and I added more water than necessary on the first pass, but it was usable. I stirred in some more soap for the second pass and got it right, a very slick protective lather. It was a pleasure to use. The shave was comfortable and didn't feel dry at all. I am looking forward to using it again. I would recommend this product for anyone looking for a nicely scented shave soap at a reasonable price.

Love the scent and the performance is great. CC tends to be an underrated soap/AS, and certainly deserves more kudos than I routinely see - moderately priced as well, so great value for cost too.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I just ordered this aftershave. Reviews are generally very positive on it. Thanks for the thread!

I got a sample of the shave balm in Venture. Nice sent and great shave balm--no greasiness, just nice soft skin after shaving.

Top Bottom