What's new

GIVEAWAY! Captain's Choice lathering bowl PIF

Excellent pif, great job creating dialogue & discussion!!!

And the winner getting one to the Captain's Lathering Bowls is an incredibly generous gift. Respectfully, not in. The Captain's lathering bowls are, IMHO, the hands-down best lathering bowl. I've had mine a couple of years & I have no need to consider getting a second lather bowl. No that's wrong. I would consider getting a second lather bowl. If anything happened to my Captain's lathering bowl I would replace it with another one from the Captain.

I'm not going to debate all of you on your choices except on the question about best guitarist? I like David Gilmore, but come on, this isn't close, Jimi Hendrix is better.

I'm not in! But I'll play:
1A) Name the best movie trilogy. Three Colors series Krzysztof Kieślowski (Bleu, Blanc and Rouge)
1B) Name the worst movie trilogy. The Hangover was a disappointment, and I see they made at least three, so I'll go with that.
2A) Name the best video game released on the Super Nintendo. NHL '96
2B) Name the best game released on the Playstation (first one). Let's go NHL '99 because it had a Bowie song
3) Which Star Trek captain was the best? Picard
4) Who was/is better? Jimmy Hendrix or David Gilmore? David Gilmour wasn't even the best member of his own band. Jimi is a legend.
5) Is Cilantro a pleasing addition for many dishes or a destroyer of meals? Pleasing. Oh so pleasing.
6) Which animal is better? Dog or cat? Cats know they're better without being told "you're such a good cat!" I love dogs, but can't say that.
7) Which wood makes prettier furniture? Pine, Oak, or Cherry? Cherry for furniture, fir or oak for floor.
8) Which decade (1900s) produced the the best music? 1990s, though lately it feels like 1970s. Don't @ me.
9) Which actor was/is the best James Bond? The one in the movie where Gillette paid to feature a Slim razor.
10) Must one dress up for Church, ie suit and tie, or is more casual, nice jeans and polo, acceptable? Nicer than jeans, nicer than polo, suit not required. Slacks, belt, dress shirt.

I'm not going to debate all of you on your choices except on the question about best guitarist? I like David Gilmore, but come on, this isn't close, Jimi Hendrix is better.
Amen. I think this may have been a trick question to get us all riled up. Given the variance in spellings, I think the OP is trying to trick us into voting for Jimmie Dale Gilmore.

I am in!
I have read rave reviews about these bowls and would love a chance to shave with one :)

1A) Name the best movie trilogy. Back to the Future (can Star Wars even be considered a Trilogy at this point?)
1B) Name the worst movie trilogy. Jeepers Creepers

2A) Name the best video game released on the Super Nintendo. Super Mario World
2B) Name the best video game released on the Playstation (first one). Gran Torismo

3) Which Star Trek captain was the best? Jean-Luc

4) Who was/is better? Jimmy Hendrix or David Gilmore? Hendrix

5) Is Cilantro a pleasing addition for many dishes or a destroyer of meals? Pleasing addition (usually)

6) Which animal is better? Dog or cat? Dog

7) Which wood makes prettier furniture? Pine, Oak, or Cherry? Oak

8) Which decade (1900s) produced the the best music? 60s

9) Which actor was/is the best James Bond? Daniel Craig

10) Must one dress up for Church, ie suit and tie, or is more casual, nice jeans and polo, acceptable?
Depends on the Church, where we go it's casual on most days

Thanks for doing this :)
Have an amazing day everyone!

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the quiz. We'll close this sometime this weekend. I'll be working pretty rough, so I can't say when exactly. Let's get some more entries in!

Quiz Answers

1A) Name the best movie trilogy. Star Wars, Dollar trilogy, Godfather, and Back to the Future All great series, but the third of the Godfather and Back to the Future were on the weak side in my opinion.

1B) Name the worst movie trilogy. Star Wars, Matrix George Lucas still owes me a refund and an apology for The Phantom Menace and the first Disney film was all I could take. The Matrix started out great and then collapsed into a nonsense mess.

2A) Name the best video game released on the Super Nintendo. Super Mario World, Final Fantasy III, Chronotrigger, Street Fighter II, Super Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Mario Cart. There's just so many! Just last year I played Super Mario World, Super Metroid, and the Legend of Zelda. Many summer hours where spend playing Street Fighter II and Mario Cart with my friends.

2B) Name the best video game released on the Playstation (first one). Final Fantasy 7, Castlevania SOTN, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear, Soul Blade. FF7 and SOTN rank in my top gamers ever. Tomb Raider and Metal Gear got me to buy the following titles and Soul Blade, although lesser known, also stole many hours from me and my friends.

3) Which Star Trek captain was the best? Picard I know kirk was a much more interesting character, but Picard was the professional you'd want leading you. Janeway put her own interest before that of the crew.

4) Who was/is better? Jimmy Hendrix or David Gilmore? Gilmour Sorry for the misspelling. Hendrix may have been faster and more technically skilled, but Gilmour has that clean, clear sound.

5) Is Cilantro a pleasing addition for many dishes or a destroyer of meals? Destroyer It tastes like soap! Who want to add Arko to their meal?

6) Which animal is better? Dog or cat? Dog We've been fortunate to have two excellent cats, but an excellent dog beats an excellent cat.

7) Which wood makes prettier furniture? Pine, Oak, or Cherry? Pine Cherry is everywhere and I'm not a fan of oak's course, open grain. I've worked with cherry and red oak, but pine is what I build my furniture out of. It's a pain to stain, but worth it if you pull it off. I prefer Waterlox or a water based acrylic finish on unstained pine.

8) Which decade (1900s) produced the the best music? 50's or 60's The late 50's and early 60 were just great. You still had big band music and doo woop along side early rock and your classic crooners. I'd say that the 80's follow.

9) Which actor was/is the best James Bond? Sean Connery He defined what Bond was supposed to be.

10) Must one dress up for Church, ie suit and tie, or is more casual, nice jeans and polo, acceptable? Dress up! If you were going to court and had to stand before a judge wouldn't you dress up? How much more so should you dress up for The Judge. It's about respect and dignity. In the west you should at least be wearing dress pants/shoes/shirt and a tie. God might be looking at your heart, but he also had a dress code for the ancient Israelites.

The scores are:
sknz 6
Hms123 6.5
StewB 3.5
spjoe 3.5
lancre 4.5
Eben Stone 4.5
slim6596 5
bubo_strix 5
Labrecque24 4

A number generator was used and each person had a value added to their score. First place still goes to Hms123 with an adjusted value of 9.5. @Hms123 please pm me your address so we can get this out to you. If you don't respond in 24 hours it'll go to the next highest.

Thanks for playing along.

Quiz Answers

1A) Name the best movie trilogy. Star Wars, Dollar trilogy, Godfather, and Back to the Future All great series, but the third of the Godfather and Back to the Future were on the weak side in my opinion.

1B) Name the worst movie trilogy. Star Wars, Matrix George Lucas still owes me a refund and an apology for The Phantom Menace and the first Disney film was all I could take. The Matrix started out great and then collapsed into a nonsense mess.

2A) Name the best video game released on the Super Nintendo. Super Mario World, Final Fantasy III, Chronotrigger, Street Fighter II, Super Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Mario Cart. There's just so many! Just last year I played Super Mario World, Super Metroid, and the Legend of Zelda. Many summer hours where spend playing Street Fighter II and Mario Cart with my friends.

2B) Name the best video game released on the Playstation (first one). Final Fantasy 7, Castlevania SOTN, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear, Soul Blade. FF7 and SOTN rank in my top gamers ever. Tomb Raider and Metal Gear got me to buy the following titles and Soul Blade, although lesser known, also stole many hours from me and my friends.

3) Which Star Trek captain was the best? Picard I know kirk was a much more interesting character, but Picard was the professional you'd want leading you. Janeway put her own interest before that of the crew.

4) Who was/is better? Jimmy Hendrix or David Gilmore? Gilmour Sorry for the misspelling. Hendrix may have been faster and more technically skilled, but Gilmour has that clean, clear sound.

5) Is Cilantro a pleasing addition for many dishes or a destroyer of meals? Destroyer It tastes like soap! Who want to add Arko to their meal?

6) Which animal is better? Dog or cat? Dog We've been fortunate to have two excellent cats, but an excellent dog beats an excellent cat.

7) Which wood makes prettier furniture? Pine, Oak, or Cherry? Pine Cherry is everywhere and I'm not a fan of oak's course, open grain. I've worked with cherry and red oak, but pine is what I build my furniture out of. It's a pain to stain, but worth it if you pull it off. I prefer Waterlox or a water based acrylic finish on unstained pine.

8) Which decade (1900s) produced the the best music? 50's or 60's The late 50's and early 60 were just great. You still had big band music and doo woop along side early rock and your classic crooners. I'd say that the 80's follow.

9) Which actor was/is the best James Bond? Sean Connery He defined what Bond was supposed to be.

10) Must one dress up for Church, ie suit and tie, or is more casual, nice jeans and polo, acceptable? Dress up! If you were going to court and had to stand before a judge wouldn't you dress up? How much more so should you dress up for The Judge. It's about respect and dignity. In the west you should at least be wearing dress pants/shoes/shirt and a tie. God might be looking at your heart, but he also had a dress code for the ancient Israelites.

The scores are:
sknz 6
Hms123 6.5
StewB 3.5
spjoe 3.5
lancre 4.5
Eben Stone 4.5
slim6596 5
bubo_strix 5
Labrecque24 4

A number generator was used and each person had a value added to their score. First place still goes to Hms123 with an adjusted value of 9.5. @Hms123 please pm me your address so we can get this out to you. If you don't respond in 24 hours it'll go to the next highest.

Thanks for playing along.
Thanks...it will fun to use this beautiful bowl.
Thanks to the Captain for making such a nice bowl.
PM sent.

Hms

Quiz

1A) The first LOTR trilogy
1B) The final star wars trilogy

2A) Name the best video game released on the Super Nintendo. NBA Jam
2B) Name the best video game released on the Playstation (first one). Resident Evil

3) Which Star Trek captain was the best? Kirk

4) Who was/is better? Jimmy Hendrix or David Gilmore? Jimi Hendrix

5) Is Cilantro a pleasing addition for many dishes or a destroyer of meals? Pleasing in small doses

6) Which animal is better? Dog or cat? Dog

7) Which wood makes prettier furniture? Pine, Oak, or Cherry? Cherry

8) Which decade (1900s) produced the the best music? 80's

9) Which actor was/is the best James Bond? Sean Connery, I grew up watching Roger Moore tho

10) Must one dress up for Church, ie suit and tie, or is more casual, nice jeans and polo, acceptable? Casual is acceptable as long as your clothes are clean and ironed.

Top Bottom