What's new

Captain's Choice Land Ho! Shave Balm

My wife has a very sensitive sense of smell. This limits my choice of shaving supplies, food, etc.

So "subtle" is the word, here. And preferably something that doesn't linger...unless she loves the scent.

I read that Captain's Choice made some aftershave balms (I like those) that would fit the bill...so I ordered one of the Lime scent. Nice perk on delivery was an added bottle of the Land Ho!

I used the Lime first. Really like it. Both the scent and the balm effect. And when I went downstairs, my wife didn't notice a thing. Passed all tests with flying colors!

Today I tried out the Land Ho! Love that one, too. Maybe more than the lime. I remembered seeing it on sale when I ordered the Lime...so I went on the site to order some more.

It ain't on there any more 😟

Lost at sea...?

IMG_0319.jpeg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Well, if the aftershave comes in a spray bottle, its got to be a splash. Cause there is no way your pumping a thick balm through that nozzle lol. Ya, in my months time of being on this site, I have already discovered, that companies often run a line of product for a limited time, then discontinue it. Who knows why they do this. Maybe they do this based on how much of the product they sell. So if they don't sell a lot of it, they discontinue it, IDK.

I think its funny how ladies tend to be super sensitive to guys aftershaves and colognes, and do not like strong scents, especially ones that linger for a long period of time. The reason I say this is because, I've been around ladies in the past that smelled like they completely bathed in their perfume, so strong, that I got a headache in only a minute being around them.

I would not classify the aftershaves I got from PAA or Proraso to be strong scents, but they certainly are noticeable, with Proraso being the weakest. Even my Davidoff Cool Water cologne that I got recently isn't strong.

I have land ho reserve (splash)
It’s fantastic!
I really like the scent but I have a feeling it's on the way out. The only thing available on the site, now, is the Land Ho! shaving soap...and it's very much on sale (from $19 to $8). Usually the sign of clearing stock off the shelves. I ordered one.

Well, if the aftershave comes in a spray bottle, its got to be a splash. Cause there is no way your pumping a thick balm through that nozzle lol. Ya, in my months time of being on this site, I have already discovered, that companies often run a line of product for a limited time, then discontinue it. Who knows why they do this. Maybe they do this based on how much of the product they sell. So if they don't sell a lot of it, they discontinue it, IDK.

I think its funny how ladies tend to be super sensitive to guys aftershaves and colognes, and do not like strong scents, especially ones that linger for a long period of time. The reason I say this is because, I've been around ladies in the past that smelled like they completely bathed in their perfume, so strong, that I got a headache in only a minute being around them.

I would not classify the aftershaves I got from PAA or Proraso to be strong scents, but they certainly are noticeable, with Proraso being the weakest. Even my Davidoff Cool Water cologne that I got recently isn't strong.
Yeah…I’m not into the heavy scents on a man or woman. My wife’s pretty extreme, though. Guess I should be happy that she likes my natural, Manly aroma

Top Bottom