What's new

Captain's Choice does a strip tease of sorts with NEW PRODUCT

Will this product, and the original Bay Rum aftershave be available for European customers?

Regrettably it will not be available but not for lack of desire on the part of The Captain, believe me. The contents are made up of a good deal of alcohol and because of that it must travel via Ground. This is a shipping restriction, not a choice we have made.

It is possible to ship via Air but the shipping expense for a bottle is laughable, something like $80.00. Once a product is labeled "Dangerous Goods" which this is labeled, all products in that category are treated the same - pretty much like nitro glycerin.

The solution is for me to find a wholesale account in Australia and another in Europe willing to bring it on as a new product. Even then, it isn't cheap to ship but for the wholesale account willing to give it a whirl there are customers waiting. We get inquiries from those two areas of the world more than you would imagine.

Anybody know of a wholesale account out there who would be interested?

Cap'n, any chance you can open an account with a US-based retailer who does ship alcohol O/S, such as iHerb or Beauty Encounter?

Regrettably it will not be available but not for lack of desire on the part of The Captain, believe me. The contents are made up of a good deal of alcohol and because of that it must travel via Ground. This is a shipping restriction, not a choice we have made.

It is possible to ship via Air but the shipping expense for a bottle is laughable, something like $80.00. Once a product is labeled "Dangerous Goods" which this is labeled, all products in that category are treated the same - pretty much like nitro glycerin.

The solution is for me to find a wholesale account in Australia and another in Europe willing to bring it on as a new product. Even then, it isn't cheap to ship but for the wholesale account willing to give it a whirl there are customers waiting. We get inquiries from those two areas of the world more than you would imagine.

Anybody know of a wholesale account out there who would be interested?

Thank you Sir for your answer.

I do not know if it helps, but I just imported a bottle of Pinaud Clubman and shipping from US to Europe was only $8.99 for USPS First Class Mail International shipping.

Cap'n - I know that the original Captain's Choice is stocked at a local pharmacy to me (Theatre Pharmacy in Lexington, Mass.). Will the Cat O' Nine Tails be available there, too?

Thank you Sir for your answer.

I do not know if it helps, but I just imported a bottle of Pinaud Clubman and shipping from US to Europe was only $8.99 for USPS First Class Mail International shipping.

While you did so inexpensively, you also did so illegally. The govt doesn't have the ability to check each package, but what the shipper did was illegal, if they had been honest about the packages contents and it being highly flammable alcohol, it would have been a fortune to ship. Many members risk it, as their chances of being caught are quite low, but no vendor in their right mind would do this practice.

Is there function to the Burn or is it for fun? That is, an antiseptic or moisturizing or... something to make me want it even more than the original CC? I am in love with the original, btw. Just not sure I want to go macho if there's not also a functional advantage. There is certainly curiosity about the new product!

While you did so inexpensively, you also did so illegally. The govt doesn't have the ability to check each package, but what the shipper did was illegal, if they had been honest about the packages contents and it being highly flammable alcohol, it would have been a fortune to ship. Many members risk it, as their chances of being caught are quite low, but no vendor in their right mind would do this practice.

Thank you Sir, I did not know that. Or maybe just as true, I had not considered that.
If this is deemed to be hazardous material and should be shipped accordingly, I will of course respect your laws. It is after all the right thing to do.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention.

Cap'n - I know that the original Captain's Choice is stocked at a local pharmacy to me (Theatre Pharmacy in Lexington, Mass.). Will the Cat O' Nine Tails be available there, too?

Samples are going out to our wholesale accounts as we speak but it will take time to cover all of them. Once they receive the sample they can evaluate and decide if they are going to carry the Cat O' Nine Tails. I have had several wholesale accounts order up a case before even receiving a sample and without even smelling it or trying it. Quite simply, they heard about it and needed it in stock yesterday. You will likely see it appearing next week at some of them who are active here but it has been shipped to others not involved here as well.

As to Wagstaff's question regarding the burn - is there a function to it / does it serve a purpose or is it for fun. Actually if you use the Cat O' Nine Tails there is a function to it. Even in the short time it has been in the market it has proven effective in attracting leggy blondes, influencing your boss to spontaneously give you a raise and increasing your chances at the lottery. I can't keep it in stock!:biggrin1:

In all seriousness it is the experience it provides of a building warmth that plateaus at a "just right" level of invigorating heat that has to be experienced to be believed! You will all find it amusing that during the development stage as I was trying to get the burn right I went wayyyy too far - but didn't know it until too late. Only after applying it to a freshly shaven face did it become apparent shall we say. The look in my wife's eyes as I sprinted past her to plunge my face into the sink for relief was memorable. "Are you all right, do you want an ice pack again?" "Yes dear I'm fine, just hand me the snorkel so I can stay submerged longer." All in the interest of science, eh?:yikes:

Here are some comments from guys who tried the sample vials:

WOW!! I love this stuff! It is so different for me in the burn category. I have never used something that seemed to be the perfect burn for me.

The scent of Cat O’ Nine Tails is similar to the Original Captain’s Choice, but I can smell something oceanic in there, a nice sea-side salt-air scent.

The scent seems pretty tenacious and long-lasting. Much longer than any other bay rum I've used. As far as the burn...imagine the coolness of heavily mentholated aftershave (Osage Rub, perhaps) and it is the opposite. It feels very "invigorating", though. I would certainly buy a bottle of this.

Once applied to my face a nice burn/heat feeling took place that lasted about 5 minutes but, not overwhelming or painful. More burn then the CC bay rum which was really nice and my face feels great. Will buy this new aftershave, if and when it comes to market. Thanks again Scott for the sample.

This is not a subtle aftershave. There was a significant burn but for me it lasted only about five minutes or so. However, that five minutes was intense. Certainly not painful but nice and warm. My face feels great now and the scent is awesome. I would definitely buy this. Good job Scott, great product!

Used my sample again after a wonderful shave, it feels sooooo nice on the face, that little extra oomph is perfect...love the warm, tingling effect. Another great feature of Cat o' Nine Tails and the original Captains Choice is the longevity...I swear I smell this stuff the entire day...pure Bay Rum goodness!

Last edited:
$Penfield-20121030-00088.jpg

Got my order in today, and a nice little note from Scott as well. Love this stuff. :thumbup:

I had been wanting to try some of the Captain product for some time now. I saw this and ordered me up some Cat plus some Original. Have used the Cat twice now and the Original once. Wow! Great stuff. The Cat burns nicely for about a minute or so for me; leaves the skin feeling just wonderful. Fantastic clove on the nose.

Top Bottom