What's new

Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
My Lather Bowl finally arrived here in Cootamundra, country New South Wales Australia. Can't wait to give it a run in the morning. It fits nicely in my hand. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
It is nicely weighted and being a face latherer all my life it will be very interesting to bowl lather for a change. Wish me luck.

My Lather Bowl finally arrived here in Cootamundra, country New South Wales Australia. Can't wait to give it a run in the morning. It fits nicely in my hand.View attachment 921060View attachment 921061View attachment 921062
It is nicely weighted and being a face latherer all my life it will be very interesting to bowl lather for a change. Wish me luck.

Such a lonely looking bowl on that bench... give it a brush for company, of have a seat by it! Enjoy!

Received my flared edge yesterday. It's a lot of copper and to some might be considered overkill. If you want a heavy weight copper lather bowl this thing is really nice, but I'd bet anyone would be perfectly happy with its lighter, rolled edge sibling.

Used your pic to introduce a new chapter in my DE shaving needs/wants to my girlfriend ... And she liked it. Still she doesn't comprehend the spending but liking it is the first step. From this point on I can work towards my birthday in March
Glad I could help. It is an awesome bowl

I was blessed to win one of the Captain's Christmas Contest giveaways. I decided to use my winnings to pick up the rolled edge bowl. It's outstanding. Perfect weight. I have a ceramic bowl about the same size that I've always found a bit too heavy.

And it's beautiful, of course. Having been born and raised, and still residing in The Copper State, I'm loving this addition to the den.

I recently won a Captain's Choice copper lather bowl. Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I would share my thoughts here. I'm a soap user that face lathers. It took a few times using it to get comfortable lathering in a bowl instead of face lathering. But now that I've figured it out, WOW! It works fantastic! Tons of lather! I load my brush then move to the bowl to generate the lather. Here's something I really like about it: once I apply my first lather, I set the bowl in my sink with hot water & I have warm lather for my 2nd & 3rd lathers! Previously, when I face lathered I stood my lathered brush on the counter while I shaved & the lather became room temperature. Warm lather is heavenly! And the build quality is phenomenal! It's a perfect fit in my hand. I like the weight of it, solid but not so heavy my hand gets tired holding it. I was concerned that it would be too small to be able to use without slopping lather over the sides, but it's a great size, not too small, & not to big. I'm really going to enjoy this bowl.

IMG_0403.jpg
IMG_0244.jpeg

Last edited:
Glad I could help. It is an awesome bowl

Shippingcosts are not to blame the company but at the end it all ads up to the amount I have to pay for one of these copperbowls.
Then came along my brother with an business visit to Manhattan NY. Scott shipped it to his hotel at the right moment. And it arrived in the Netherlands and couple of weeks before my birthday.

Turns out my brother is a great mule. Maybe next time I can try something more profitable. :001_rolle

Got some user experience in the past days and although it's my first bowl I can't imagine a better one. This thing is build to last. See no reason to get the heavier one. But YMMV.

Shippingcosts are not to blame the company but at the end it all ads up to the amount I have to pay for one of these copperbowls.
Then came along my brother with an business visit to Manhattan NY. Scott shipped it to his hotel at the right moment. And it arrived in the Netherlands and couple of weeks before my birthday.

Turns out my brother is a great mule. Maybe next time I can try something more profitable. :001_rolle

Got some user experience in the past days and although it's my first bowl I can't imagine a better one. This thing is build to last. See no reason to get the heavier one. But YMMV.

It's a great bowl. Is there no patina on that bowl's interior? It looks like clean copper in the photo.

M

member 119848

@Flying Dutchman , your bowl has already developped a nice little patina, beautiful. If I wasn´t 100% face-latherer I would get myself such a bowl.

Copper is an antimicrobial material. In India they use copper vessels to serve water. I wouldn´t be surprised if lathering in such bowl would exhibit some anti-septic action...
I am thinking of using copper with shaving. One idea is to make a shave-stick with a short copper pipe.
For now here is my soap container:
DEC86166-E0BE-473E-A614-A495352B5967.jpeg 8DAB87A0-88CF-4680-903E-9A9AE036E40D.jpeg

Top Bottom