What's new

Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl

FFAF0FBE-7FCF-43A8-A518-B043CDCA8923.jpeg
A8CF321E-80A4-4EAD-B198-8A3DE0978893.jpeg
Just got my new Captains Choice Copper Bowl. Pictures do not do it justice. Can’t wait to give it a spin tonight. Thank You Scott for a new awesome choice in Lather Bowls.

They look very robust compared to the Turkish copper shaving bowls on ebay but then they cost a lot more.

Well after 2 nights of using this bowl, I am extremely happy. It whips up a great lather and is the perfect size to hold in my hand and to hold plenty of lather for well more than a 3 pass shave. I like it so much I am selling off my 2 previous favorite bowls.

That’s an absolutely beautiful bowl and should last you a lifetime. How do you think the lacquer finish will hold up over time? It would be cool if the inside developed a patina but the outside stayed the same. If I weren’t a face latherer I’d have one of those in my den for sure.

That’s an absolutely beautiful bowl and should last you a lifetime. How do you think the lacquer finish will hold up over time? It would be cool if the inside developed a patina but the outside stayed the same. If I weren’t a face latherer I’d have one of those in my den for sure.
I'm a face latherer but keep for samples

You could probably remove the lacquer with solvent; likely carburetor cleaner or Goof Off would do it.

I would assume with regular use the lacquer will wear. I keep you posted if mine starts to change

I am assuming nobody ordered both the flared and the rolled edge, but the description says the flared edge bowl is made out of thicker copper stock and weighs twice as much. That bowl is sold out. Is the rolled edge bowl still have a quality feel to it? Does it exude the same sense of quality as other Captain's Choice bowls? Just trying to figure out if I "need" another lathering bowl.

If it is half the weight according to the website then it is. Still a substantial feel and quite happy with the quality of my rolled edge. My 1 from turkey will end up pif'd as I won't be using it now.

If it is half the weight according to the website then it is. Still a substantial feel and quite happy with the quality of my rolled edge. My 1 from turkey will end up pif'd as I won't be using it now.

I have neither but for my money I’d go for the extra $10 and double the weight and copper when in stock.

Top Bottom