What's new

Captain's Choice - Bay Rum Tester Sampler (Cologne)

This afternoon, I received a padded envelope of the Captain's Choice Bay Rum Cologne.

I decided that I would put it on immediately, as I was on my way to a customer site, and see how things went.

Standard application - put finger over bottle top, tilted bottle to wet the fingertip, and put at the back of the jaw, behind the ear.

Extremely obvious aroma, but not an offensive odour. Just very strong for a few minutes.

Elucidation and explanation - I have a sensitive nose, allergies (which helps explain the nose), and often have problems with fragrances and parfums in products such as detergents. So, I was anticipating some reactions, as I've had with other products in the past.

No reactions to the product at all. No hives, itching, watery eyes, skin rash, or anything else. Just the scent.

Two hours later, I could still catch the scent when the air currents were right.

Four hours later, I wasn't really able to tell that I had it on.

Seven hours later, arriving at home, my wife was unable to tell that I had any scent on other than my deodorant; the sweet smell she said she identified was not similar to the Bay Rum.

Overall, I would give this four thumbs up (Mother from West Virginia); if I didn't have a reaction, most people will not. If you enjoy Bay Rum, this would be a good choice.

Uses:

As a daily use cologne, I would take a small container of it to reapply at lunch/midday.

As a going out for the evening cologne, I would rate this as a "Put it on and go out the door" cologne, and by the time you're back home, getting ready for bed, you won't have to try to wash it off on the orders of SWMBO.

B.

I posted this in the Captain's thread as he asked, but will also post my review here as well.

Captain choice Bay rum Cologne

My evaluation of this cologne.

1. Application - shaved using captains choice Bay rum soap, aftershave balm, and aftershave. Then a Applied the bay rum cologne using fingertips from the bottle and dab it on rather than just splashed a whole bottle on. That's how I normally apply a cologne. Applied on cheeks wrist, neck, and wrist. Great feel on the skin, no burning.

2. Scent -very nice Bay rum scent in the bottle. Pure scent of Bay rum.After applying excellent scent on the skin. I had a lady friend smell it at this point.her comments were pleasing, not over bearing, soft. and distinct. Liked it very much. Scent strength seems just right.

3. Longevity - One hour later and sent is definitely there in moderate intensity but pleasing. Three hours later and the scent is very detectable,but a little bit softer. At this point I get more Bay rum than clove or anything else. Five hours later and the scent is detectable to a very nice soft degree, especially when moving around. Keep in mind that everyone's skin chemistry is different so the scent may react differently on some people than others. That's up to your team to figure out. For me, at this point, this is the perfect Bay rum cologne for my taste. I expect that around hour7+ you would get just a hint of the cologne, but I'll leave that up to others, Since I'm very please with the longevity I received.

4. Overall opinion - Since most of my comments were stated in paragraphs 2 and 3 above, no need to repeat all that detail. So, with that being said, my opinion of the Captain's Bay Rum cologne is very high. It is a nice clean crisp Bay Rum scent with excellent longevity that fades to a nice soft scent over 5+ hours.

5. Would I buy it - YES, I would definitely buy this cologne. The only comment I have at this point would be the price point which I expect to be competitive and whether it's a splash or spray. I would buy either but my preference would be a spray since the aftershave is a splash. I would continue to use the aftershave balm and aftershave then apply the cologne by either spraying or dabbing on the cologne on the neck, back of hands; and wrists.

Scott,

I hope this review and assessment of the new Bay Rum cologne is very helpful in producing the final product. Definitely looking forward to it.

Request: I hope you do 45th parallel next! If not, then North.

Mikey (aka meliahog)
Update:
I applied the Bay Rum Cologne at 10am as I suspected I still get a faint whiff of the Bay Rum scent. The time is now 6:00pm. That's 8 hours later! The longevity is perfect for a morning cologne that will last all day! Love it, Captain!!!

Mike

As it applies to a great shave .. "What Me Worry" from the wisdom of A.E. Newman .. simply MAD!

Top Bottom