What's new

Captain's Choice Aftershave USPS SNAFU PIF

I'm in.

My worst shipping disaster was when my (now ex) wife and I were getting married. She picked out a dress online and had it shipped to our apartment. It eventually was marked as delivered, but we never received it. We contacted the seller, who told us once it's been delivered, there's nothing they can do.

So I paid to re-order the same dress. It came three weeks later, but was delivered to the neighbor across the hall. We only found out she had it because the mailman showed us where he delivered it.
She had already put it on and did some bride role-playing with her boyfriend.
After hearing about the dress her "boyfriend sent her as a surprise" to role play and have sex in, we didn't want it back.

That's my story. Thank you @woodwzrd for the chance to win :)

I'm in please, I got to try captains choice sandalwood once and loved it and would love try more when I ever have the extra funds.

Thank you for such an amazing offer and I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with shipping, I think we all have had our horror stories with shipping.

Thanks
mreeveshp

I'm in.

After working for UPS for 12 years I was probably the reason for someone's bad experience. UPS was really big on telling package handlers/sorters "Hand to SURFACE" . I always purchased my Christmas gifts in October just so nothing would be late.

Picked up a package that was going to a pet store and the bottom fell out as I raised the package to sort about 20 lizards came out of the box and started running around our area. Our supervisor just laughed told us to take the package to lost prevention because those lizards were going to be living in our building.
An "adult" novelty warehouse at least once a week would have a package "accidently" break open. Package would always get taped up because UPS was also big on firing people for theft of anything. Seen people getting walked out by the cops in handcuffs multiple times after getting caught thieving from packages.

I purchased a few items from Scottevest for my wife a few weeks before her birthday and upgraded the shipping to Priority Mail. Got the tracking number and the package sat almost two weeks in a mail depot in Chicago before it started on its way to Kansas City. It went to St. Louis, to Memphis, to Arkansas, to Dallas, to Houston, back to Dallas, To Oklahoma City, to Kansas City KS, To Kansas City Mo, to my local post office on my wife's birthday. Saw all this by using the tracking number, when I checked a little later in the day when I checked expecting to see Out For Delivery but saw where my package was sent to Topeka KS which is about an hour from my town, and by the way the local post office is 3 blocks from my house. Well I was really mad so I called USPS customer service, after being on hold for 45 minutes I finally got to speak with a real live human. While I was telling him my story I had stated that it should not take a package over 3 weeks to get to KC from Chicago, my rep then asked what made me an expert on package travel times. I wish I could have seen his face when I said, " I guess 12 years at UPS may not be enough in your eyes to be an expert but it should be." As he stumbled and said he saw where the package was at via the tracking number and that the package would be delivered the next day guaranteed. I explained that since this was my wife's birthday present and that today was my wife's birthday and that I had purchased Priority Mail instead of 3 days it had taken over 3 weeks and I still did not have my package that was not good enough. My rep asked me what would make me happy and I said, " Call my local postmaster and tell him to drive his goat smelling *** to Topeka to pick up my package and then deliver it to me, or call the Topeka postmaster and have him find my package then have his goat smelling *** bring the package to my town and deliver it to me either way works for me." The rep said that wasn't going to happen and why would I demand this. He was dumbfounded when I explained I saw this happen quite a few times at UPS. Anyway I did not get the package until the next day.
A few weeks later I was speaking to Scottevest customer service about something totally different and told him this story. He put me on hold for a few minutes when he transferred me to the CEO who wanted to hear me tell this story again. He laughed then asked me if there was anything else from his company that I wanted because he was sending it to me.

One last UPS story it was the middle of summer and I was double shifting on Day Sort as an unloader. It was over 90 degrees that day and I opened a trailer and was almost knocked over by the horrible smell. While unloading that trailer I was on the lookout for the package that made the awful stench. Found it in the nose of the trailer. The package was headed to the K-State Vet school to have the contents checked for rabies. They shipped coyote heads from Texas during the summer without wrapping them up in plastic or packing them in ice. I haven't smelled anything that bad since I got out of that trailer.

I'm in....thanks for the pif....
I had a package recently get to one town over from me in 2 days from shipper then it went 6 states away then another 4 then 2 then 11 then 3 followed by 6 then 3 followed by another 5 then came back to one town over from me and sat there for 3 weeks then came to my town and was finally delivered to me... Gotta love the efficiency of our current USPS...

I am in!! Thanks so much.
Wow 2020 was a really bad year shipping and awaiting USPS. The good thing for me is really never have to not shave because a package is late!! That is why it does not bother me if it takes long.
But it is funny how you follow the tracking and MOST time it is on schedule. BUT you get that one ever so often that goes here there everywhere and you just say ***.

I'm in!

I've had some "fun" when it comes to Amazon package delivery. I've had an Amazon package that was shipped from the other side of the country stuck in transit for over a month. I wound up contacting Amazon about it after a month. Amazon decided to cancel the order and refund me my payment. A month later, the package arrived.

Another time, I contacted Amazon and asked them to ship a package of L5 razors in something more rigid than a padded envelope so as to prevent damaging the original packaging (I planned to give those razors as gifts to get people started on wet shaving). Amazon agreed, only to send me the razors in a padded envelope. As expected, the packaging was damaged and not anywhere near in "giftable" condition. When I called to ask for a replacement, Amazon agreed, but the package got stuck in transit for weeks. I finally called Amazon to ask for a refund and a RMA label. Amazon complied with my requests. A week or two later, the package arrived; the razors were shipped in another padded envelope. As before, the razors' packaging was bent, creased, and ripped open.

I'm in! Haven't had any really bad shipping experiences that stick out. I had one leaking aftershave which got replaced anyways and a few packages from overseas that I thought were long lost, but ended up showing up after months.

I am in to late but here is my store.
My most expensive shipping horror story happened about 15 years ago. On Ebay I sold about $1000 worth of toner cartridges to a person in New York. They never showed up, they just disappeared. I only had it insured for $500. This was the first time I ever had a major shipping problem and like any first time it did not do smoothly. I took weeks to get it resolved. It final got resolved I mad a little money on the transaction. Several month later I ended up make a simile deal with the same buyer and made more money.

Congratulations GoBucks got to be honest I'm definitely a little jealous haha but I do truly hope you enjoy it and thank you again woodwzrd for such an amazing PIF

Thanks
mreeveshp

Top Bottom