What's new

Captain's Choice Aftershave USPS SNAFU PIF

I’m in, thanks for being so generous.
Last winter I ordered a “Christmas” shave set to use from thanksgiving until Christmas. Ordered and waited and waited. It arrived the week before the holiday and at that point there was no sense in using it just to put it away. Having it sit for a year now just to use feels so wasteful but at least it’s ready.

I’m definitely in! Thank you! My most hilarious/maddening shipping misadventure:

A few years ago I decided to send a friend of mine who lived out of state a very special book (let’s just call it a “self-help” book). I put it in a padded mailer and dropped it off at the post office. A few days later I checked in with him to see if he’d gotten it. Nothing yet. I kept checking with him every few days until, after a couple of weeks with no book, I decided to open a claim with USPS. After opening the claim I waited about another month and a half with nothing from USPS about our missing book.

About two months after putting the book in the mail, I received a package. It contained an official letter from the USPS apologizing for my package having been “damaged”. It also contained the book I had tried to send to my friend GROUND INTO MULCH. I’m talking powder. It hadn’t been just shredded, it had been *pulverized*. No explanation from USPS on how it had happened. To top it off, the package had been sent from a USPS facility NOWHERE NEAR where I had addressed the book to. I sent it to Massachusetts, it came back to me from Florida.

“We deliver for you!” my eye.

I'm in , how about my package being delivered to Collier TN ( I live in Georgia) or getting a package 9 months later . I could go on but wont. Thanks for doing this and the opportunity .

I'm in! Thanks. One for each....

USPS delivered a small package over 700 miles away and still claimed it was delivered properly. The vender made good.

FedEx took 28 days to deliver our cell phones with 2 day shipping. They just kept bouncing it from one hub to the next and back again.

UPS lost my miter saw stand. How do you loose something 4 foot long, 2 foot wide, 1 foot tall, and weighting 70 pounds? UPS had hostile India based customer service to boot. FedEx delivered the replacement from Texas to GA in under 24 hours.

I’m in! Thanks for the chance to win some of Scott’s awesome aftershaves.

Worst shipping fiasco is an easy one for me.

My Sister-in-law sent a care package to me when I was deployed to Iraq. It had all of the key stuff: foot powder, coffee, hand sanitizer, and snacks. It took “forever” to get there.

“Forever” in this case: I returned from my 9 month deployment, spent 3 months at home, then re-deployed to Iraq. During the second deployment my package arrived. All of the snacks were spoiled, the coffee was moldy, and the package looked like it was dragged across the desert behind a camel caravan. The good news: foot powder and hand sanitizer were good to go.

I'm in...thanks so much. Always wanted to try the Captain.

I work in the packaging and shipping world and you would not believe the crazy things I've seen over the years. The funniest (and worst) shipping experience for me was sending out a roll of plastic film to one of my coworkers (this thing was big and heavy) to test at a customer. The shipping process should have taken about 3 days, but ended up about 2 weeks. When it arrived, the film was no longer in a box and the UPS driver had drug it up to the door on the pavement. Needless to say, that roll never made it to the customer as it was shredded on one end. He sent a picture of what it looked like waiting at his front door. I was mad, but had to laugh.

I’m in! Thanks for the chance to win some of Scott’s awesome aftershaves.

Worst shipping fiasco is an easy one for me.

My Sister-in-law sent a care package to me when I was deployed to Iraq. It had all of the key stuff: foot powder, coffee, hand sanitizer, and snacks. It took “forever” to get there.

“Forever” in this case: I returned from my 9 month deployment, spent 3 months at home, then re-deployed to Iraq. During the second deployment my package arrived. All of the snacks were spoiled, the coffee was moldy, and the package looked like it was dragged across the desert behind a camel caravan. The good news: foot powder and hand sanitizer were good to go.

That ranks right up there with the longest shipping time I have ever heard of.

Thank you for your service!

I'm in!

I did order something once that was stuck in New York (I'm on the west coast) for almost three weeks. No explanation on the USPS site except for "Package arrived at ...". I called them, and they couldn't/wouldn't help me. All I was told was that New York was having postal issues that they were sorting out and to please be patient.

I’m in.

Worst. Trying to send a loaf of holiday bread to my daughter. Went to Mailboxes Etc. We thought they would be quicker AND MORE CAREFUL than USPS which was 7 blocks away and still open
They didn’t tell us their final pickup for the day had already gone so the package would sit for a day. A week later a package shows up at our door. It was the bread. They put the wrong address on. We had a label with the correct address, but they put our return address on as the send to. We expected apology, compensation such as a refund of the fees, if not a free shipment. But no. It was well that’s too bad it happened.

I'm in!

Well, I can't exactly remember the messed-up packages in the past, but one time I ordered a Beach Boys Pet Sounds LP set from Ebay and it just never arrived at my door - I actually just let it go I don't know why - too much of a headache at the time I guess!

So here is the deal. When @Captain Pre-Capsize did his last giveaway I was one of the lucky recipients. I chose a bottle of Land Ho Reserve and a bottle of Venture. Response and shipping time was exceptional with next day shipping.

Now, we inject the incredible efficiency of the USPS (insert sarcastic tone here). A couple weeks had gone by since Scott messaged me and told me my package had shipped and I was starting to wonder if it got lost or delivered to the wrong address so I reached out for a tracking number. After doing a quick search, I found that after receiving the package, that only had to travel approximately 185 miles, the USPS promptly mark the tracking status as late. Scott asked me to be patient for one more week and then he would send out a replacement package, which he did one week later after the first package still had not arrived. Fast forward another week or so and a package arrived. I assumed it was the replacement package but as I quickly learned a week and a half later when a second package arrived it was actually the first package that finally delivered 29 days after it had been shipped. The second package that showed up was the replacement that arrived 19 days after it had been shipped.

Now the dilemma that I have is, I have duplicates of this great product that Scott so graciously offered up. After reaching out to Scott, the decision was made to PIF the second set of AS that I received so here we are.

To get in simply say I'm in and if you would like you can add a story of your most horrific shipping experience. I'll run this for approximately one week then use an online wheel to spin to see who wins. I will spin the wheel for 48 seconds which is the combined number of shipping days it took for the two packages to go approximately 185 miles.

Good Luck!

CONUS Only

View attachment 1279238
my shipping story. in 2009 I was leaving Iraq and shipped a box of my stuff home to me. books, cd,s bootleg movies that might give me issues at customs. about a month later I recievedy box back home in Hawaii. it was all pretty smooth except there where 2 items in it I had never seem before. a DVD of the quiet American(great Brandon Frasier movie) and a witches Bible (as a devout conservative Christian I can assure you it was not mine lol).

Top Bottom