What's new

Captain's Choice Aftershave USPS SNAFU PIF

So here is the deal. When @Captain Pre-Capsize did his last giveaway I was one of the lucky recipients. I chose a bottle of Land Ho Reserve and a bottle of Venture. Response and shipping time was exceptional with next day shipping.

Now, we inject the incredible efficiency of the USPS (insert sarcastic tone here). A couple weeks had gone by since Scott messaged me and told me my package had shipped and I was starting to wonder if it got lost or delivered to the wrong address so I reached out for a tracking number. After doing a quick search, I found that after receiving the package, that only had to travel approximately 185 miles, the USPS promptly mark the tracking status as late. Scott asked me to be patient for one more week and then he would send out a replacement package, which he did one week later after the first package still had not arrived. Fast forward another week or so and a package arrived. I assumed it was the replacement package but as I quickly learned a week and a half later when a second package arrived it was actually the first package that finally delivered 29 days after it had been shipped. The second package that showed up was the replacement that arrived 19 days after it had been shipped.

Now the dilemma that I have is, I have duplicates of this great product that Scott so graciously offered up. After reaching out to Scott, the decision was made to PIF the second set of AS that I received so here we are.

To get in simply say I'm in and if you would like you can add a story of your most horrific shipping experience. I'll run this for approximately one week then use an online wheel to spin to see who wins. I will spin the wheel for 48 seconds which is the combined number of shipping days it took for the two packages to go approximately 185 miles.

Good Luck!

CONUS Only

PIF Pic.jpg

Last edited:
I assume that this is CONUS only because it is aftershave. Generous give-away though.

Or do you fancy trying your luck with international shipping?

I am in please!

My worst shipping experience was something that came to me from overseas. It was shipped by an individual and took 6 weeks to reach me.

I'm in!

My worst shipping experience with the USPS was a gift I got off the bay to give out for Christmas.

Seller dropped off the package at their local USPS office (which is only 2 hours from where I live) on Oct 28, 2020.

Arrived at my door on March 2, 2021 :cursing:

I'm in, please. Thanks for the generous offer!

My worst shaving-relating shipping experience involved the USPS. They delivered to my door a package from one of our sponsoring vendors that looked like it had been run over by a Post Office truck! It was bent, spindled and mutilated. No notes, no apologies, just "here you go, we'll pretend that package looks OK, la-di-da".

I am in, love the Captain's aftershaves. One of my worst was ordering a razor off of Ebay. The package arrived as an Express mail box simply rubber banded together (the adhesive strips were still unused). The case was in the box, but the razor was nowhere to be seen. The seller was very accommodating and said he'd never ship anything in that state.

I'm in.! My worst shipping experience was a package that went to Colorado then to California then to Oklahoma & finally Missouri. Whew, what a foul up by the USPS. :w00t:

I'm In.
Had similar experiences this past year of packages touring the country for weeks before arriving...luckily still intact

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This is SOOOOOOO tempting, as those are two of the greatest smelling things on planet Earth. Seriously. I'm 99.6% certain that the angels in Heaven use that stuff!

Someone else deserves it more than me, so I am out. Darn it!

I'm in.

The worst shipping experience for me was probably the time I received a bag of glass as a service award for a dog club.

I have trouble getting delivery drivers to leave things in the big box I have for that very purpose. Here's a photo from early in my efforts. There are signs on the door sill, on the US mailbox, and on the cement, as well as blue painters tape leading the way to the deliveries box.

proxy.php

I now have *even more* signs including one on the box itself that says "this is the box" (there is a sign glued *literally* underneath those packages that says "Not here … pkgs in the box") and another metal sign with FedEx, UPS, USPS, and Amazon logos right on it that says "Deliveries".

Anyway, one day I was sweeping my porch and happened to pop the lid up on that hose reel box in the lower right of the photo and *inside* was a padded envelope from my national dog breed club. It was basically a bag of shattered glass from a framed certificate of appreciation for running their web site for 13 years. Wheeee! Worst delivery ever (packaging included, to be honest). It was there for MONTHS before I found it (I had no idea it was coming).

I'm in. Captain's Choice great people to deal with. My worst experience was on AliExpress and that was the last time I accessed their site. International shipping sucks, especially when you can't correspond with the seller.

Top Bottom