What's new

Captain America/Steve Rogers

Watched the concluding Avengers movie 'Endgame';
So very disappointed that Steve Rogers, with all his 'old school' traditional values, uses a CARTRIDGE RAZOR!
Total let-down, I imagined he would at least gone down the DE route, or perhaps gone SE, nevermind what looked like a mach3
They say 'never meet your heroes' - how about 'never see how they shave'!

So very disappointed that Steve Rogers, with all his 'old school' traditional values, uses a CARTRIDGE RAZOR!
Total let-down, I imagined he would at least gone down the DE route, or perhaps gone SE, nevermind what looked like a mach3

+1! Disappointing!!

Only looks like a cart. Pretty sure that is a Stark Industries Prototype . . . no blades, just a repulsor beam focused between two receptors. No ingrown hairs, no irritation, and no blades to replace . . . ever.

I'd take the angle of the Stark Industries prototype, but it's probably got blades made from vibranium.

My father, who used DE embraced disposables and thought it odd that I went back to SE and DE. So yes, can totally see that.

I dont believe he had much shaving under his belt when he got frozen, so is safe to say he didnt know any better.

In Cap's defense, whenever you see him out of uniform, he still wears "classical" clothing. He dresses like a 1940s working man. Banner is "shabby sheik", rumpled suits with tennis shoes. Stark can be either expensive tailored or rock and roll t-shirt.

Little details most viewers might not notice.

When DE started to disappear in the US, my dad went to Norelco. Hated carts and thought they were overpriced. He couldn’t believe I could get blades when I told him I made the switch to DE 7 years ago.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My first thought when I saw him shaving in the movie today was "why not a DE?" Then I realized my son might be the only one his age (19) in the theater that uses a DE. No money in subliminal advertising of DE shaving gear...

Don't mess with Bogeyman. He thinks B&B is real life, lol!

I have some buddies who talked non-stop about Game of Thrones ad nauseam and finally one day I said "You guys know dragons aren't real right?". They looked at me as if I had just strangled a puppy in front of them. I then said "Do you guys just think it's a quirk of fate why you don't have girlfriends?". :whistling: ;)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have some buddies who talked non-stop about Game of Thrones ad nauseam and finally one day I said "You guys know dragons aren't real right?". They looked at me as if I had just strangled a puppy in front of them. I then said "Do you guys just think it's a quirk of fate why you don't have girlfriends?". :whistling: ;)
Now I wanna party with you, and I don't drink!

If we are going to speculate about a fictional character, I would say that Rogers is a very practical man who would buy whatever he could find locally and cheap. That means carts and foam/gel. I mean, at least it was something practical like a Mach 3, instead of a Fusion.
Its funny because the other day, The Wolverine was on and there was a scene where he is shaving with what I think is a DE89 and wouldnt you know it, he cuts himself with it. Granted, it was to make the point that he was weakened and vulnerable (because he didnt instantly heal like normal) but still...

Top Bottom