What's new

Cappuccino Maker

I need a cappuccino. Bad! I must have one! But I need a cappuccino maker first.

I don’t want to go expensive. I don’t want to go expensive because I know when this all blows over, I’ll be back at the coffee shops watching the cute baristas making me my coffee, and letting my machine get dusty back at home. But I still need something now that’ll make me a half decent cappuccino and quench this need. And it is a need.

Any ideas?

F3FEE035-DA16-421F-92B0-B7E320C9169E.jpeg

Thanks gents!

I grabbed a moka pot and it makes a nice strong coffee that I've primarily been making lattes and Cuban coffee with. Many of the coffee purists would claim this isn't a true espresso maker & they're probably right but it makes a great coffee in my opinion and it was only $20. I also like that it isn't another thing on the counter u can just hide it away until needed.

You would need a way to froth up your milk. What I did when experimenting was heated some milk and put it into a mason jar and shook it like mad and it made it very frothy.

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I grabbed a moka pot and it makes a nice strong coffee that I've primarily been making lattes and Cuban coffee with. Many of the coffee purists would claim this isn't a true espresso maker & they're probably right but it makes a great coffee in my opinion and it was only $20. I also like that it isn't another thing on the counter u can just hide it away until needed.

You would need a way to froth up your milk. What I did when experimenting was heated some milk and put it into a mason jar and shook it like mad and it made it very frothy.

This works - no extra hunk of machinery on the counter, and pretty economical. And the coffee shop around the corner that got me started on cappuccino is closed for the duration. The moka pot takes a bit of fiddling but once learned is pretty simple

This works - no extra hunk of machinery on the counter, and pretty economical. And the coffee shop around the corner that got me started on cappuccino is closed for the duration. The moka pot takes a bit of fiddling but once learned is pretty simple
Yeah took me about a week to get the technique down & then I grabbed some Lavazza E Gusto pre-ground espresso coffee and that made it even better. Now I'm getting a damn fine coffee, I'm sure I could get a better coffee buying quality beans and grinding them myself but I can't be bothered.

Aeropress or Moka Pot are two brewing methods that might approximate what you want. Might you also need a milk frother? A true cappuccino takes a lot effort and $$$$.

for froth of all sorts, we really like our breville milk café. its a lot more consistent, less mess and time than using any steam wand, even attached to our superauto and automatic.

9D3C2107-41F8-4034-AAED-7C3E25418929.jpeg

Well, this is the one I settled on. Everyone had great suggestions! Thank you!

I really hope it doesn’t take 9 days to be delivered. I can’t tell you how much I’m missing my cappuccinos. Either way, i’ll let you guys know how it turns out.

Always wanted one but never got one

We have one of these. I think someone gave it to us for our wedding 27 years ago. It sat in it’s original packaging until about a year or so ago. I was getting more into coffee and decided it was time to give it a try. I’ll say that it works, reasonably well. And it’s easy to use. The end result won’t knock your socks off but it makes a reasonable cappuccino. I should probably spend more time playing with it beyond the two or three times that I used it.

Right on buddy looks like a pretty solid unit, hope it serves you well.
Thanks buddy. FWIW, I was looking at milk frothers and I got to tell you, a good one can be had for $16.00! That’s pretty honking good if your moka pot is doing what you need it to with respect to the coffee.

I got to be honest, I’m pretty much stupid excited about this thing! It’s un-rational. It’s almost like I never get out lol!

I might have to give one of those frothers a try I do love a good cappuccino.
Also i'd be pretty excited for that machine too, those 9 days are gunna be rough man!

UPDATE:

Well, I got my little machine and i’ll say this, “it’s scratched my itch.” It really has. Its all about nuance at this point, but it’s great having cappuccin’s again.

We’ll see if this morphs into needing a $1000.00 machine, or if going back to coffee houses.

Top Bottom