What's new

"Capillary Hydrostatic Action Fountain Pen"

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I'm not sure where he's getting that info, probably some blurb from the manufacturer. Kind of funny, yes -- all fountain pens rely on capillary action!

Regardless, I can guarantee that engeika is a TOP eBay seller with wonderful service and an extraordinary selection of Japanese pens. Don't hesitate to bid on a new Sailor or Pilot from there. I've purchased several Asian-market pens at half what they normally retail.

I purchased my Sailor 1911 through them, and it was a quick simple transaction at a great price and I love the pen. It was delivered to my door from Japan 4 days from payment.

I'm not sure where he's getting that info, probably some blurb from the manufacturer. Kind of funny, yes -- all fountain pens rely on capillary action!

Regardless, I can guarantee that engeika is a TOP eBay seller with wonderful service and an extraordinary selection of Japanese pens. Don't hesitate to bid on a new Sailor or Pilot from there. I've purchased several Asian-market pens at half what they normally retail.

Nemo, that's actually the very same sentiment I see all over the place related to engeika. A very trustworthy resource.

But yeah, the marketing department of Platinum was firing on all cylinders one day, and I'm sure that's what's copied here.

I really like the looks of them, but not sure about increased functionality. What's the benefit of having a music nib? I really liked some of those Pilots with the music nib ;-)

They provide some line variation (and as a musician, it's cool to have a music nib pen, ya know...just in case).

They provide some line variation (and as a musician, it's cool to have a music nib pen, ya know...just in case).

Are they more flexible than a standard steel nib, or just offer the line variation through the broader nib? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm curious about them and have been considering picking one up

Are they more flexible than a standard steel nib, or just offer the line variation through the broader nib? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm curious about them and have been considering picking one up

As far as I can tell, they aren't any more flexible, just the shape of the tip was originally designed for writing music, if I'm not mistaken. Nemo might have some more info.

Top Bottom