What's new

Cap your Creams?

I just got done watching the B&B DVD (Which by the way is the greatest thing since sliced bread!!):a24: I have a question, if you use a wet brush and twirl it in the cream jar, do you leave the jar open after you shave for a while to let the cream dry a little, or do you just cap it? I remember someone stating that soaps can mold, what about cream? Your thoughts?

P.S.
By the way I had my first run with the straight blade, I still have all of my fingers and my nose!! :badger: Still some hair on my chinny chin chin but I thought pretty successful for my first run!:001_smile

George

George,

What about your ears? Do you still have your ears? Congrats on surviving the straight! It's a lost art. I don't swirl my brush in the creams as a rule, but when I do, I make sure that no visible excess water is in the tub, and then put the lid back on.

Randy

hedliniv said:
I just got done watching the B&B DVD (Which by the way is the greatest thing since sliced bread!!):a24: I have a question, if you use a wet brush and twirl it in the cream jar, do you leave the jar open after you shave for a while to let the cream dry a little, or do you just cap it? I remember someone stating that soaps can mold, what about cream? Your thoughts?

P.S.
By the way I had my first run with the straight blade, I still have all of my fingers and my nose!! :badger: Still some hair on my chinny chin chin but I thought pretty successful for my first run!:001_smile

George

George,
Glad you like the DVD! After giving the brush a shake or two - I have not had a problem with water coming from the brush - into the cream. I suppose with brushes that are packed loosely (such as a vulfix/kent) they might drip a little water into the cream. I suppose it depends on the cream though.... if it is an older jar of taylors (that is dense as is) and a little dried out - a little extra water will actually soften the cream and bring it back to live. If it is a wet/soft cream like salter or vulfix - you might want you turn it upside down real quick to let the excess water drip off.

Personally - I've never really had a problem.

Top Bottom