What's new

Canvas vs Nylon

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
@Tony Miller. Do you know off hand which secondary you put on that steerdovan I won. It is the white secondary and not the grayish one on your site. I'm curious as to which because as a secondary I love that one but now am curious as to the flax as it was said it has silica in it so makes a good secondary.

It was cotton if it was white, don't remember if that was a 2 1/2" or a 3" strop but both use a slightly different weave of cotton, the 3" being a more coarse weave and thick, the 2 1/2" a finer, firm weave. The grayish/tan is the flax linen.

It was cotton if it was white, don't remember if that was a 2 1/2" or a 3" strop but both use a slightly different weave of cotton, the 3" being a more coarse weave and thick, the 2 1/2" a finer, firm weave. The grayish/tan is the flax linen.

Its 3" so when I can I have to get another one from you with the flax.

I find a cotton web component cleans/dries the edge better than a poly web component, and my edge longevity went up when I started doing ~20 laps on the cotton post-shave.

I suspect that this is partly or entirely because my edges are almost all jnat edges. I don't think edges from a synth would benefit much from stropping on webbing; something like what Slash does with periodic touch-ups on pasted balsa probably makes more sense in that context. My ark edges have less longevity than my jnat edges, but I don't know how much of that is the effect of stropping versus slightly lesser initial keenness.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I find a cotton web component cleans/dries the edge better than a poly web component, and my edge longevity went up when I started doing ~20 laps on the cotton post-shave.

Polyester does not tend to be very absorbent like cotton or real linen is.

Top Bottom