What's new

Canuck that's new to DE

Awesome forum you guys have here!

Figured I would introduce myself as I have been lurking for a couple weeks now.

Been wet shaving for a couple years now, but always cartridge style. Ran out of shaving cream, been using the body shop shaving cream/brush, so I figured I would do a little research to see what else is out there. That when I came upon all of you fine gentlemen.

In the week or so, I have purchased:
EJ89 with Barley Handle - Will receive tomorrow
Sampler pack of blades - Will receive tomorrow
Franks Shaving finest badger hair brush - shipped on Thurs, figured for under $30 to my door, how do I go wrong
C&E Sienna shaving soap - Picked it up yesterday
Williams shaving soap - Picked up a week or so ago(needed something)

So basically, I am blaming you guys for encouraging me to spend money.

But, it will be well worth it!

Thanks for all the great advice that I have read across the forum, keep up the good work

Steve

Hi Steve, welcome to B&B!

Are you the first or second wave of the Canadian invasion forces here at B&B?:lol: For some reason, there have been an awful lot of our friendly neighbors to the north signing up in the last week or so, so you will have lots of company, eh?

GREAT choices on your starter kit! Be prepared to work hard with that Williams to coax a lather out if it, though!! Who knows, you might be a whiz and have no trouble with it--if so, please teach me how you did it!!

When you get a chance, head over to our Hall of Fame and tell us a bit more about yourself. If you have any questions or run into problems, feel free to post them up. Our members are friendly and well-mannered, and we're always ready to lend a fellow wet-shaver a hand.

Enjoy your time with us, happy shaving and once again, WELCOME!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the board..I was born and raised on the Island...Victoria, but now call Calgary home...
Just received my first wet shave kit in the mail 30 minutes ago, and going to attempt my first shave right now...

Are you the first or second wave of the Canadian invasion forces here at B&B?:lol: For some reason, there have been an awful lot of our friendly neighbors to the north signing up in the last week or so, so you will have lots of company, eh?

It is that time of year, the igloo's are melting, hibernation is over...jk

Nice to be among a group of welcoming individuals(Canadians and everyone else alike)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Top Bottom