What's new

Can't shave without scarring myself

Just my $.02 to the original poster, but watch some shaving videos on YouTube and then consider all comments here so it all makes sense.

Honestly if you're getting a lot of weepers from electric razors as well, there's no shame what so ever in trying a cartridge instead of a DE razor as well. There's plenty of decent carts out there, I use one when I am on the road for work since I don't have a lot of time going from hotel to the place I'm working some days.

With a good soap and brush, I would be remiss if I didn't recommend something like Harry's or Dollar Shave Club razors. They're more affordable than the brand names, and give a pretty forgiving shave.

There are plenty of people who use carts even though they enjoy a wet shave.

The best advice I got was from a lady at a mall kiosk. Your razor doesn't matter, that will always be a preference, but if you use a good soap or creme, and lather before every pass, your irritation will be minimal.

If you don't want to try carts, I recommend the 9000 series Brauns, since I have a mid coarse beard, coming from the lineage of the Middle East as well, and I can't use a Norelco to save my life.

The nine series is wet/dry.

Top Bottom