What's new

Can't seem to get an answer

It's creeping up on a month now that I've been asking a question on the Try A Blade "contact us" page and haven't gotten an answer. I've sent 3 times and each time I get an automated response on the contact page to the effect of thanks for the question, we'll respond shortly, so I know it's being sent. My last attempt was on August 18th. and still nothing. I've also been checking my spam regularly just in case. You of course, have to provide a valid email address to send, so I know he has that. It's my understanding that it's a 1 man part time operation, so I didn't expect an answer in a day or two, or even three. But geez, almost a month? I hope something bad hasn't happened to him. I've ordered a couple things from there within the past year and I got what I ordered in less than a week...no problems.
Has anyone done business with him recently or had contact? Is he still in business?

Looking at the website, at the Contact Us page, and at the bottom it shows the list of Latest News. The most recent one is from 2019.
I would assume one of the following:
*No longer in business. However, if that is the case, the website should be taken down.
*Does a poor job of maintaning their website.

The only other contact I can find in my email archive is as follows:

jason.bortholme(at)gmail.com
(from Jan this year)

Come to think of it... I have never been able to get a reply from him either. I asked about an out of stock blade and a few were put in a later order I made. He also runs Midwest shave shop, which may no longer exist.

On the try a blade contact us page there's a link to contact midwest shave shop. I've already tried that, and a warning alert comes up for a risky site that is not secure.
Hmm, I guess it's possible he just pulled the plug suddenly. A lot of those warning are because the owner of the site hasn't payed for their security certification, not that I want to test it for them!

Well, I gave it one last try. On August 28 I sent another message on the contact us page. (4th attempt) This time I specifically asked, "Are you still in business?" It's now October 6....no reply. Since no one at B&B has responded that they have successfully bought from them recently and they don't reply to their contact page I guess it's safe to say Try a Blade is no longer in business. Too bad, because the orders I placed in the past were handled well.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Hmm, I guess it's possible he just pulled the plug suddenly. A lot of those warning are because the owner of the site hasn't payed for their security certification, not that I want to test it for them!
That darn SSL certificate, blasted hosting companies just want more money. I'm paying $175 a year for my family website, and they charge extra for the SSL.

~doug~

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Well, I gave it one last try. On August 28 I sent another message on the contact us page. (4th attempt) This time I specifically asked, "Are you still in business?" It's now October 6....no reply. Since no one at B&B has responded that they have successfully bought from them recently and they don't reply to their contact page I guess it's safe to say Try a Blade is no longer in business. Too bad, because the orders I placed in the past were handled well.

I concur, if you have no response, after sending multiple emails, for over a month, chances are, Try A Blade is no longer in business. The problem with 1-man operations, is all that person has to do, is contract Covid, then suddenly the business collapses from its foundation. This is just one of the many reasons why kickstarters fail for the same reason, their is no strong foundation, backing up the companies operation.

But its posts like yours, who help to get the word out, so we know what companies we should avoid, because the likely chance of us not getting our product, and not getting our money back, are high. This is just one of the reasons why using Paypal is nice though, because they have buyer protections in place. Usually you can get your money refunded if product is never been sent.

I love dealing with companies who have good standing with B&B, weather they are official B&B venders or not. Like Stirling for example. I absolutely love the Stirling soap and coffee companies, they are truly spectacular IMO. And also IMHO, I think Stirling should be a vendor on B&B. But hey, just my opinion. Maybe Rod and Mandy will see this post and say hey, I think that SWCT has a good point, even if he is a crazy mentholated junkie. 😝

Top Bottom