What's new

Can't get Nacet blades to work for me...

Blades are very YMMV thing. I am in same boat as you and Nacets did not work for me. I prefer Feathers, Polsilvers and Black Gillettes so Nacets really dont scare me but in real time they feel like I am dragging a leaf raker or a serrated knife across my face.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I really want these blades to work. But I can't dial in a good against the grain pass with my Piccolo. I don't get nicks or weepers, just pulling and irritation. I've adjusted for angle and pressure, and haven't had any luck. Perma-sharps on the other hand are pleasant. Almost like scratching an itch.

Any thoughts? Is there a difference in coatings?

I didnt like them in my Grande either. Try a razor that has some blade gap and you might find a use for them. They're much nicer in my NEW SC but still not nice as my top blades.

Feed your Piccolo Feather blades. With a soap my skin agrees with, I'm not sure there is a better blade. The right soaps made me a believer in them. The first shave is the best.

I have a Nacet loaded up in my Slim Adjustable for a first pin sometime soon. I'm currently working through a Ladas, but I may take the Nacet for a spin in the morning. I've been really happy with the other Gillette's I've been using so I am hoping this Nacet is the same.

Congrats @RayClem and @steelhead52. Only 25 years here. But, I get the feeling about wanting to enjoy a blade. I felt that way about about a great many. And some blades I like more in one razor than another. Forgive your face for not liking them. There is no one blade to rule them all, and in the lather bind (shave?) them. Be happy when you find the blade(s) that you like and work for you.

I really want these blades to work. But I can't dial in a good against the grain pass with my Piccolo.
They work fine in my Piccolo but it may be that combination is not suitable for you. I tend to use a shallow blade angle so varying the blade angle may get you better results.

I used a Nacet in my Fatip OC Grande (same head as Piccolo with a bigger handle) this morning and was very pleasantly surprised by how close and comfortable the shave was. I usually use Personna Reds, Bic Chrome Platinum and Gillette Platinum blades, but someone gave me a tuck of Nacets so I figured I would give one a try.

Last edited:
I really want these blades to work. But I can't dial in a good against the grain pass with my Piccolo. I don't get nicks or weepers, just pulling and irritation. I've adjusted for angle and pressure, and haven't had any luck. Perma-sharps on the other hand are pleasant. Almost like scratching an itch.

Any thoughts? Is there a difference in coatings?

Sir Clark, you may have gotten a bad pack; if you'd like, i'd be happy to mail you one of mine for comparison, just pm me your USA mailing address.

Just don't buy them / use them. Don't pay attention to the fact that many users here consider them the best blades etc. Just use whatever blades you like. There will always be brands and models that you won't like.

I'm running a Nacet right now and it's pretty darn good. I don't know if I'd call it a top-tier blade, but so far it's been perfectly acceptable and a blade I would buy again.

Top Bottom