What's new

Cannot see images

I cannot see images on B and B, even images that I have posted, all I see is a small blue box with a question mark. I only have this problem on this forum and the problem is quite recent, within the last month.

It could be this equipment, I have a very old iPad 2.

I have googled the problem and followed the advice given but without success.

Could I ask please, is it something to do with my settings on here or has the software changed recently?

Thanks

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I cannot see images on B and B, even images that I have posted, all I see is a small blue box with a question mark. I only have this problem on this forum and the problem is quite recent, within the last month.

It could be this equipment, I have a very old iPad 2.

I have googled the problem and followed the advice given but without success.

Could I ask please, is it something to do with my settings on here or has the software changed recently?

Thanks
The software has not changed. Can you try on another device?

Thank you, I will try a lap top.

Actually, I have just been on esty and saw the same blue square.

It would seem reassuring to learn that the software has not changed, I keep meaning to buy a new iPad or tablet, this one is ten years old, this may be the prompter.

Thanks again

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
If you haven't tried it yet, sometimes clearing your cache will help the ipad load more smoothly.

If you haven't tried it yet, sometimes clearing your cache will help the ipad load more smoothly.

Thanks.

You will have gathered by now that I am not the most savvy person in the world when it comes to technology. I am cautious about clearing my cache just on the basis that when I have done so in the past I lost all my sign in information on sites including the saved passwords and history.

There are plenty of my regular sites where I have no problems at all, just a handful, including this one, where I cannot see posted images which made me think, probably incorrectly, that the forum software was altering the image in some way before loading Andrew that alteration was not compatible with this old iPads system.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Thanks.

You will have gathered by now that I am not the most savvy person in the world when it comes to technology. I am cautious about clearing my cache just on the basis that when I have done so in the past I lost all my sign in information on sites including the saved passwords and history.

There are plenty of my regular sites where I have no problems at all, just a handful, including this one, where I cannot see posted images which made me think, probably incorrectly, that the forum software was altering the image in some way before loading Andrew that alteration was not compatible with this old iPads system.
You should be able to clear cache and cookies for this site only, and leave other data alone.

Have you tried using a different web browser? Are you using Safari (the default) or do you have the Chrome app downloaded? Might be worth trying.

Have you tried using a different web browser? Are you using Safari (the default) or do you have the Chrome app downloaded? Might be worth trying.

I have used the default, Safari, the iPad is an Ipad2 and new apps or downloads such as Chrome are not permitted by Apple.

I have cleared the cache for BandB, no improvement I am afraid.

It is odd, because this change is quite new, only about a month or so.

Spare Memory capacity is fine by the way.

It may be an issue with the outdated Safari build, I wonder if it's possible for you to download an update for Safari. Unfortunate that you can't add a new web browser. Only other solution that comes to mind, is trying to connect with a different network (phone tether, public WiFi, etc) to ensure it's not a problem with your home network.
I have similar issues with a very old Chromebook, assets on some websites no longer work because the browser is so outdated.

It may be an issue with the outdated Safari build, I wonder if it's possible for you to download an update for Safari. Unfortunate that you can't add a new web browser. Only other solution that comes to mind, is trying to connect with a different network (phone tether, public WiFi, etc) to ensure it's not a problem with your home network.
I have similar issues with a very old Chromebook, assets on some websites no longer work because the browser is so outdated.

I think you are right

Safari downloads are up to date but ipad2 will not run the current Safari.

The other problem that I have found is that banks and credit card companies block access to their sites because my browser is out of date.

I think that the only answer is to update the hardware.

Thanks to all, I appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to consider the issues and put forward solutions.

Thank you.

Top Bottom