What's new

Canned Goo. It isn't bad at ALL.

I’m glad to hear you’re having good shaves with Canned Goo. If the work required by a brush and soap caused the pain in the the first place, I’d say good riddance! Although you enjoyed Edge Gel I find many of the canned products to work very well, with Barbasol taking the win for scent, performance and price.

I love Barbasol now that I have my razors sorted out: 2 to 3 blade carts. I spent a small fortune on the “better” stuff like brushes, soaps, and DE’s and get the best shaves from Barbasol and either a Gillette Sensor 2+ or Shick Hydro 3 Sensitive. Live and learn!

The most important thing I learned from making lather with a soap and brush was to a) work the lather in well and b)make sure the lather is well hydrated. Mapping the beard is very important as well.

Barbasol is very easy to misuse, as it is very concentrated. A little blob when hydrated becomes very abundant, creamy, and slick. When too much is used without hydrating however, it s very drying and not slick. That’s the operators problem though, not Barbasols!
Read my last post on canned Proraso my friend.

Tried can of WalMart Gel Shave Goo, it was aweful.

Prior excuse for Gillette Gel, Barbosol is not bad.

But it is not as good as Original Barbosol.

Top Bottom