What's new

Cancer Still Sucks

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
The afternoon, we attended the funeral for our friends' 15-year-old daughter who succumbed to a rare form of leukemia last week. No parent ever deserves to lose a child, and especially not these. They are some of the best folks you ever could meet, as was their daughter, as is her brother.

She already had made the world a better place, and she was all set to make it even better still. She was a role model both before and after her diagnosis.

Cancer sucks.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Cancer sucks, indeed. It also makes absolutely no sense. I lost my mom to ovarian cancer and I can't imagine going through losing a child. My deepest condolences to your friends family.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Very sad to hear. I have lost two friends to cancer this year. One made it into her 70s, but the other was taken from us in her late 40's. However, 15 years old is a horrendously cruel tragedy.

When I was young we had in the household a 1904 English dictionary that was 1 foot thick. It didn’t have the words to express to/for a fifteen year old passing away.
Maybe a corner has been turned in that a cancer patient was treated in Oregon. Their cells were modified to fight their cancer. The patient is in remission, with the tumors disappearing.
May it be the “in our lifetime” finding a cure.
GB.

Top Bottom