What's new

Canadians on B&B, eh? Hoser.

I have a set of all-seasons (new in August) that have a ridiculously high rating for snow, so if I have to wait to get my winters on (I have an excellent set of winters on rims, so swapping is quick and easy), no concerns. I usually book about a month in advance for a Saturday morning.

Back to shaving related topics, anyone in Edmonton want most of a bottle of Clubman? Swmbo gave is a very hearty thumbs down.

Why not move to the US? Cheap tires would be worth it. The government is shut down so no sales tax probably.

I am pricing winter tires for the wife's new car, and getting more enraged every time I see how artificially inflated the prices are compared with us dealers.

You can always order a set of winter tires online, either from the states or Canada. I have ordered one set for the minivan and bought one set locally for the car. In the end I saved around $200, but I had to deal with picking them up and taking them to a tire shop to get them to mount them on winter rims. I wouldn't order online again. It's a pretty big initial expense, but I have a set of Toyo's that are six year old now and still going strong so on a per year basis the cost isn't so bad.

Cal tire often has a special in the fall where you get 4 tires for the price of 3. Rotation is free for the life of the tires as well.

Cal tire often has a special in the fall where you get 4 tires for the price of 3. Rotation is free for the life of the tires as well.
Yeah I've been meaning to check them out too, going to wait for tomorrow when my folks get to town, I'll send my dad to check everything out while I'm a work.

I have no intention of starting a political debate regarding the merits of any political party or Position in Canada, but can I just say that every other country in the world has more interesting and higher-stakes political scandals than we do?

Also in Edmonton our new mayor is very tall.

Also in Edmonton our new mayor is very tall.

I disagree with this political viewpoint, and also believe that this kind of focus really just detracts from the real issues at hand - like who will be the first to get a new hat from the re-elected Calgarian mayor.

I disagree with this political viewpoint, and also believe that this kind of focus really just detracts from the real issues at hand - like who will be the first to get a new hat from the re-elected Calgarian mayor.

Next time I see him, I will tell him that I need him to give me a hat....but I want a fez.

"All season" tires are fine provided you only have three seasons. Once the temp gets down to freezing, summer tires turn into rock hard hockey pucks because their compound is not soft enough. If you don't take real snow tires off in the spring, they wear very quickly due to their softer rubber. That being said, I did mow the lawn last week so snow tires are only needed in the greater Vancouver area for a short time. But when you're late for work and sliding around on a bunch of that crap (never been on a pair of skies in my life) they can be a real asset.

Top Bottom