What's new

Canadian wet shaving supply source?

For all of you Canucks, what is your retail source for wet shaving supplies? I know about Fendrihan ... any others? If you buy from the U.S. or U.K. what's the damage on duty?

For all of you Canucks, what is your retail source for wet shaving supplies? I know about Fendrihan ... any others? If you buy from the U.S. or U.K. what's the damage on duty?

There's also Rasage Poulin if you're looking for an e-tailer.

If you want any Booster or JM Fraser products, the place to go is Toronto Barber and Beauty Supply - if you don't live in Toronto, give them a call and they'll ship anything to you. They have the Omega professional brushes at reasonable prices as well.

For blades I go to wescoastshaving.com - run by a fellow moderator, hes in California, but blades are so small and inexpensive that they generally cost very little to ship and even a large number of blades comes in under the $20 exemption.

I've also used several US vendors who will ship product "customs friendly" - label it as samples, etc.

Also, I've often ordered stuff and just not gotten dinged on it - the best way to ship stuff in so that it doesn't attract brokerage fees, customs and taxes is to use USPS, as opposed to a courier.

Hope this helps.

Rasage Poulin (web store ... a member here), Shoppers Drug Mart, Italian convenience stores (e.g. in Toronto/Little Italy, places like Festival Fine Foods), Toronto Beauty & Barber if you're in the GTA, probably other ethnic convenience stores in larger centres.

There are a few others like menessentials and one other I can't remember the site right now, but they have a tiny selection and the prices for everything are very high. Frendihan has pretty much anything I could think that I would want, and the prices are pretty good, so I've never placed an order with anyone else.

I guess if you really want something unavailable here you'd have to order from the States but I've never, it's just quite expensive with shipping and customs is so unpredictable, not worth it to me. It's completely arbitrary, sometimes things sail through, other times they hold it a month then send it through, and then other times you have to pay as much as what it cost in some bogus duty or broker fees.

Knock yourself Silly ordering from the UK for creams, soaps, or blades . I never paid duty on any order and shipping is cheap & fast to Canada. Also I ordered a brush from Germany and paid no duty :thumbup1:

I just received an order from Rasage Poulin today - took about 3 days to MB. I'm really glad he added Speick and Trumpers to his lineup (wish he had the tubs of Trumpers though). Great service and lots of samples of the box!

I've also ordered from Fendrihan's - nothing to complain about there.

From the USA, there are a lot of great places that ship to Canada that I've ordered from (I've got a bad case of AD):

Vintage Blades is great. The shipping costs include the duty and taxes, so you know what you're in for. Unfortunately, they said they're stopping their Canada shipping at the end of February...

Classic Shaving is really good too. You can choose regular or express USPS. I've always had to pay taxes on full amount.

Mama Bears shipped very quickly by USPS express.

QED has great prices and fast USPS shipping.

Shaving Essentials was quite nice to deal with. At the time, Rasage Poulin didn't have Speick or Trumpers, so they were a great source.

Hope that helps!

I just received an order from Rasage Poulin today - took about 3 days to MB. I'm really glad he added Speick and Trumpers to his lineup (wish he had the tubs of Trumpers though). Great service and lots of samples of the box!

Shaving Essentials was quite nice to deal with. At the time, Rasage Poulin didn't have Speick or Trumpers, so they were a great source.

I hope you have some enjoyable shaves this weekend! I do plan to broaden my inventory.....

Of course John @ Shaving Essentials was nice to deal with! I couldn't imagine anyone saying anything to the contrary.

There are quite few members from Canada selling shaving products on this board, you can also check my items on eBay: http://shop.ebay.ca/merchant/ntguys You'll find affordable Feather Razor blades, Derby Blades, LORD blades, Feather Popular Razors and Weishi's. Free shipping from Montreal. Best Wishes!

This is what I get when I try to get on your page:

Dear User:

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Same thing happens when I try to see altima55's straight razors.

For a full retail store, barber shop and online source, you can visit Momentum Grooming in Vancouver. http://www.momentumgrooming.com Fast, reasonable shipping rates, free shipping over $75.00, personalized service with tracking numbers and a toll free number. Momentum Grooming is owner operated and has been serving Canadians since 2004.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
It seems hit-and-miss when ordering from non-Canadian places, as to whether customs will ding you with fees or not, although I don't think a Classicshaving order ever got through without fees. With Vintageblades, you pay up-front and know how much it is before you place the order.

Last edited:
Fendrihan.com has been great for me. Alfred has been great with answering and putting up with my newbie questions. Orders have been shipped very quickly (packed and en route same day or overnight) and the prices for the items and shipping are fine.

If ordering from the USA, get the items shipped via USPS to avoid most border fees and hassles.

Momentum Grooming has been great for me, and many Shopper's Drug Marts have all the Proraso/Omega goodies at pretty low prices. As people have already stated the little Indian and Italian grocers sometimes house hidden treasures! :biggrin:

Wow, I didn't know about this Barber and Beauty place. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Toronto. I had to pay a $70 something charge on a razor I ordered from straightrazordesigns to Toronto. Not sure what the charge was for though.

Hey all,

I tried searching through here to see if there are any local retailers in Vancouver or anywhere in the Lower Mainland that would sell razor brands such as Feathers, Derby or Persona. I tried to Google, the Yellow Pages as well with no luck. :confused: Are there any local retailers or is ordering online the way to go?

Thanks.

Hey all,

I tried searching through here to see if there are any local retailers in Vancouver or anywhere in the Lower Mainland that would sell razor brands such as Feathers, Derby or Persona. I tried to Google, the Yellow Pages as well with no luck. :confused: Are there any local retailers or is ordering online the way to go?

Thanks.

I don't think there's anyone out near you aside from Momentum Grooming.

I have some customers out in your neck of the woods who've bought blades from me. That leaves me thinking there's slim pickin's out there.

Wow, I didn't know about this Barber and Beauty place. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Toronto. I had to pay a $70 something charge on a razor I ordered from straightrazordesigns to Toronto. Not sure what the charge was for though.

Most likely Import Duty, GST, and others customs related charges. They can sure add up.

The way I see it, if Fendrihan, Momentum Grooming and Rasage Poulin can manage to cover all (or at least most) of the bases for Canadian guys, fewer Canadian guys will get those little surprises when they get their new shave goodies! That's why I'm making an effort to not just stock the same stuff that those fellas stock....

Top Bottom