What's new

Canadian Shave Supplies Shut Down

ItalianBarber’s Site message: EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: Due to a Government imposed mandate regarding COVID-19, we will need to shut down. We will still be accepting orders and will begin shipping once the government mandate is lifted. All orders placed before Monday March 23rd at 9:00pm EST will be shipped on Tuesday March 24th and all orders after that will be shipped once we re-open in the order that they are received. We will continue to take orders and will do our best to ship them as quickly as possible. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding. FREE SHIPPING on ALL USA & Canada Orders over $60USD

Actually I have my doubts. In spite of what IB has on their site it may well be closed for a company specific reason rather than a government mandate. They may (for good reason!) not be working like so many other companies. Either that or there are other companies breaking the law. So if IB is correct then these guys are going to get in trouble with the law.

Look at Fendrihan who is also in Canada they are open for business: Fendrihan - Shaving, Grooming and Men's Gifts - https://www.fendrihan.com

Same with MenEssentials, they are open for business and are also in Canada: MenEssentials - Shaving, Hair Care, Beard Care and Men's Gifts. - https://www.menessentials.ca

Actually I have my doubts. In spite of what IB has on their site it may well be closed for a company specific reason rather than a government mandate. They may (for good reason!) not be working like so many other companies. Either that or there are other companies breaking the law. So if IB is correct then these guys are going to get in trouble with the law.

Look at Fendrihan who is also in Canada they are open for business: Fendrihan - Shaving, Grooming and Men's Gifts - https://www.fendrihan.com

Same with MenEssentials, they are open for business and are also in Canada: MenEssentials - Shaving, Hair Care, Beard Care and Men's Gifts. - https://www.menessentials.ca
The announcement from the Premier of Ontario the other day was all non essential business is to shut down. He specifically said food and drug stores being the exception. I guess interpretation or understanding is not always the same for every one.

The announcement from the Premier of Ontario the other day was all non essential business is to shut down. He specifically said food and drug stores being the exception. I guess interpretation or understanding is not always the same for every one.

Ah, it is left to some interpretation which is not a bad thing - makes sense. My local tire shop is open and told me he is considered "essential" and is on the list as being open. This because if first responders have a tire issue they need to know they can get help.

In Canada, unless the federal government shuts the country down, each province/territory, being responsible for health care delivery, can take actions it feels appropriate. For example, Ontario and Quebec are shut down, but so far BC is not.

The size of an operation needs to be considered. Generally, "essential services" (pharmacies, grocery stores, & banks) can stay open, even though more than one person is in the shop. "Non-essential" businesses that are not open to the public where one person can take, pick, pack, and ship orders (functionally allowing isolation and social distancing), you may be able to continue working.

Each business must make a choice; even though it might be legal to continue operating, maybe it isn't prudent.

Imagine being the health care worker who has 1 ventilator choosing which of 10 patients gets it. Literally picking who gets to live. Please, please consult and follow the guidance from your local health authorities and respect all requests, recommendations, laws, and acts.

In Canada, unless the federal government shuts the country down, each province/territory, being responsible for health care delivery, can take actions it feels appropriate. For example, Ontario and Quebec are shut down, but so far BC is not.

The size of an operation needs to be considered. Generally, "essential services" (pharmacies, grocery stores, & banks) can stay open, even though more than one person is in the shop. "Non-essential" businesses that are not open to the public where one person can take, pick, pack, and ship orders (functionally allowing isolation and social distancing), you may be able to continue working.

Each business must make a choice; even though it might be legal to continue operating, maybe it isn't prudent.

Imagine being the health care worker who has 1 ventilator choosing which of 10 patients gets it. Literally picking who gets to live. Please, please consult and follow the guidance from your local health authorities and respect all requests, recommendations, laws, and acts.
@Aaron Hall I see you are a new member, and obviously a Proud Canadian. I extend my very warm welcome to you Sir. Thank you for your excellent post.

IB Joe might have had to close due to his specific logistic arrangements.
I believe he had depots both in Ontario and NY state, for shipping reasons.
There could well be big restrictions on movements and personnel between his locations.
Wishing all a fast recovery and return to full operations!

Top Bottom