What's new

Canadian Schick

I have one here I'd like to share. It is a Type E, bakelite handled Schick from Canada. The USA Schicks from the era are labeled as Eversharp razors, instead. This one comes with the WWII era blade injector. Anyone else have one of these?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I've seen that razor and that specific box.

It did not have the black blade box and I didn't look to see where it was made. Schicks haven't held much interest for me, so I generally just overlook them.

I've seen that razor and that specific box.

It did not have the black blade box and I didn't look to see where it was made. Schicks haven't held much interest for me, so I generally just overlook them.

Same here until recently, but I have started trying to note everything I can about the safety razor genre. To this point I was unaware of the Canadian version and how it differs slightly from the US version.

I understand where you're coming from, AG.

I bought an Enders Speed Razor recently. Mainly because the box is in great shape and it came with five unused Enders' blades. The razor may not have been used. Hard to tell - the finish on the razor head seems somewhat questionable.

I've also seen a Schick Injector in the original red/clear styrene box with the injector pack at one place. Every once and a while, it seems I should get it. Yet, I pass it up each time. Not sure why the Schicks don't tempt me.

Guido, I'm certainly not very knowledgeable on the Schick Injectors, but if you look at the info on this website . . .

http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

It seems to indicate that the Type E with the bakelite handle would predate 1946 which is when Eversharp took over the company.

I have a couple of that general style of razors, but they have the molded handle, which the infomation on the above website indicates would make them a Type G1. That being the case, they would be newer and they do, in fact, say "Eversharp Schick" where yours just says "Schick Injector". (Aside from the mold line on the plastic handle, the Type G1 looks almost identical to the older Type E.)

This would tend to lead to the conclusion that perhaps it is the age, rather than the country of manufacture, that causes your razor to not say anything about Eversharp.

By the way, do you suppose that is the original injector that came with this razor? Is the razor that close to unused condition? It certainly looks like a WWll vintage injector.

Regards,
Tom

Top Bottom