What's new

Canadian Rocket / Super-Speed question

I´ve received this set: a Canadian Rocket with date code W2 (1951), no "Made in...", no Patend Pending or Brit.Pat. inside the head and a hollow handle like a Super-Speed. Scott tolds me, that he have the same set from 1952 (X1). Are any informations available about this razor? Is it a Rocket or a Super-Speed and where it was manufactured? :confused::confused::confused:

All I know is that the razor is not a rocket. The rocket's tto knob has a solid base and this one does not.

S

siouxsie

On your site this razor is listed as a Canadian set Made in England
That seems to match what the case says.

http://www.j-duwe.de/Rasierer/One-Piece solid guard bar/solid guard bar.htm
13th razor in the left column

Aside from the solid handle, the razor in the photo appears not to have markings under the head either, whereas the US Made SS two photos above definitely has pat. markings under the doors..

Yes he knows it looks like this set, but the razor is hollow-handled like a US super-speed, which is why we are inquiring. We are wondering if anyone knows if Gillette switched to a hollow handle for the canadian market in some year and still called them "Rocket"...am I explaining this right Achim? If so it must have been between '51-'54 based on notched bar and date codes???

On your site this razor is listed as a Canadian set Made in England
That seems to match what the case says.

http://www.j-duwe.de/Rasierer/One-Piece%20solid guard bar/solid guard bar.htm
13th razor in the left column

Aside from the solid handle, the razor in the photo appears not to have markings under the head either, whereas the US Made SS two photos above definitely has pat. markings under the doors..

the Rocket on my site is a "normal" Rocket with solid handle and Made in England. The razor in this thread I´ver never seen before :confused:

S

siouxsie

Bump...

Has anyone else besides me and Achim seen this razor and know where and when they were made and if they are Brit-made like the case says then why are they date coded? Perhaps this is interesting only to us? I know there's a guru out there. Bless us with your knowledge sir! :tongue:

Forgive my ignorance but how is this razor different from a 40's SS?

Maybe they were just as Rockets in Canada or else the cases got switched?

Top Bottom