What's new

Canadian Razor

I have a single ring razor that says it has a patent from Canada, and has no marking eluding to "made in the USA". I have looked at the wiki to determine how old the razor is; but I am wondering if that info is correct since it pertains to US razors. Am I correct in my assumption to go off the US dating system or is there another one I should be using, and where to find it? Thanks for the help.

Here is the best image I could get of the date code:
C 10286 (though the 1 may look like 4)

Here is what looks like CAN PAT. label on bottom of the handle:

PAT. MAR 7 05:

The piece taken apart:

I have finally figured out a simpler way to upload my photos through flickr so if you would like to see more just ask.
Thanks for the help.

the Canadian serial number is not the same like the US serial number. Your SN is on the inner barrel and not inside the base plate - I would say it´s made 1906-1910

Can't help you much... but she is a sweet looking razor. Excellent condition:thumbup1: Where did you get it from?

Last edited:
Can't help you much... but she is a sweet looking razor. Excellent condition:thumbup1: Where did you get it from?

I got it off of Etsy.com, a great site for crafts an other things. This is what the razor looked like when I received it.

Top Bottom