What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Canadian Bank Robbers

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Contributor
Moslon always seems to taste like soy sauce when I drink it.
I drank quite a bit of Molson Canadien in the 3 weeks I spent in Montreal in 2002. I tried some when I got back home- they don't export the same stuff to us (and I don't blame them).

Funny thing, after about four days into a Walleye fishing trip at a fly in lodge somewhere north of Hornepayne Ontario...I was tacking EH? on every sentence.

Mac

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Moderator Emeritus
I drank quite a bit of Molson Canadien in the 3 weeks I spent in Montreal in 2002. I tried some when I got back home- they don't export the same stuff to us (and I don't blame them).
Well, they sell large-brand American beer in Canada (strikes me as similar to selling Vodka in a Scottish liquor store, but whatever ... I guess some people want it ... American tourists, maybe?) and IIRC it's mostly brewed in Canada under licence from the US company ... perhaps you have the same thing going on? American breweries making the "Canadian" product under licence? Kind of like how you can buy "Coke" in the US and in Mexico ... but it's "different".

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Contributor
Well, they sell large-brand American beer in Canada (strikes me as similar to selling Vodka in a Scottish liquor store, but whatever ... I guess some people want it ... American tourists, maybe?) and IIRC it's mostly brewed in Canada under licence from the US company ... perhaps you have the same thing going on? American breweries making the "Canadian" product under licence? Kind of like how you can buy "Coke" in the US and in Mexico ... but it's "different".
Good point.

Funny thing, after about four days into a Walleye fishing trip at a fly in lodge somewhere north of Hornepayne Ontario...I was tacking EH? on every sentence.

Mac
On a baseball trip a few years ago I found myself teaching a young lady from San Diego and an older gal from Atlanta how to say “Eh” like a true north strong and free hoser.
Try as they might all they could manage was a bad approximation of Fonzie’s “Ayyyy”.
“Okay, what’s the first letter of the alphabet?”
“A?”
“You got it. Now add it to the end of a sentence, preferably in the form of a question, like ‘How’s it going, eh?’”
They nailed it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Isn't Molson now owned by Coors? I don't remember names but I had many (many) wonderful local brews in Montreal

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Moderator Emeritus
And all the ‘Mercian canned beers that Bubba drinks in the bed of his pickup (while making jokes about urban hipsters and their IPAs) are owned by a Belgian multinational. Go figure.
Just about everything is owned by big multinational SOBs.

Usually true.

But that craft beer I mentioned is often made at a locally owned business within a walk or drive of the home of the person drinking it. And yet some persist of thinking of Bud as the most “all American.” I don’t get it.

Top Bottom