What's new

Canada Shaving Soap review

Just went to their website. It's $41 Canadian. Yikes! Expensive soap.
Does that include VAT/GST/whatever, and do we get a break on that if ordering from the US?

In comparison, MdC Nature is €37.50 for 200g which translates to $47.25 Canadian for 175g (the size of CS soap).

How much is shipping? With MdC, it is €19.65.

But I do much prefer the packaging of the MdC.

I purchased mine last January and and the level in the tub has barely changed, so in terms of value it is far more economical than any other soap I own.
This.

I have used mine about a dozen times and scooped out a few samples to send to B&B members. Still looks full.

I can kill a $20 tub of B&M Softheart in 25-30 shaves but I bet I could get well over 200 shaves out of a tub of the Canada soap. It is hard as a rock but lathers incredibly well. I will absolutely replace it when (if) I finish my current puck.

Just went to their website. It's $41 Canadian. Yikes! Expensive soap.
Yeah it's pricey (33 USD) but it is worth it especially with it's potential to last long

For Canadians it's way easier to just buy it off Amazon

InShot_20211109_154549448.jpg

Today I experimented with using a little Tabac shave stick. Not too much to overpower the performance of Canada but just enough to give that Tabac scent for Tabac Tuesday. Had a BBS head shave on only 2 days of growth, and been touching my skin non stop still in awe of the post shave

Thanks for the review. Being Canadian, I guess I should purchase a tub... 🇨🇦

Speaking of mimimalist ingredients, another unscented, excellent soap to consider is Le Pere Lucien. Its ingredients are:
Potassium Stearate, Potassium Cocoate, Water, Coconut Oil, Glycerine.

I find LPL’s performance to be on par with MdC Nature. Scent-wise, LPL is completely scentless, while MdC Nature has a very pleasant soap scent.

Thanks for the review. Being Canadian, I guess I should purchase a tub... 🇨🇦

Speaking of mimimalist ingredients, another unscented, excellent soap to consider is Le Pere Lucien. Its ingredients are:
Potassium Stearate, Potassium Cocoate, Water, Coconut Oil, Glycerine.

I find LPL’s performance to be on par with MdC Nature. Scent-wise, LPL is completely scentless, while MdC Nature has a very pleasant soap scent.
MdC nature to me felt like a milder version of original when new. But by the time I got to the bottom of the container, leaving it open all those months, it was unscented. I wonder if the scent is intentional or just a result of cross contamination during the manufacturing process.

Top Bottom