What's new

Canada regs

Planning a bike trip this spring and wondering about ecigs and juice.
I read I can bring up to 200gr off pipe tobacco but nothing about ecigs or juice.

Sorry for it being so late... they dont call me the nap master for nothing.

So health canada isnt so sure about vape liquid, and they do not let it into the country with Nicotine in it. new laws in ontario started january 1st that also makes vaping like smoking so no indoor public vaping, and no vaping around childrens play areas and such. basically if you cant smoke you cant vape.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...rettes-ban-flavoured-tobacco/article21723232/
you can read about it here. But that is ontario, other provinces may have their own laws so you may have to google where your going

i have ordered juice from the states that has come through the border, but I have read stories of people driving across the border having their juice confiscated as admissible coming in, but in the two cases I read both were canadians coming back in from the US. I think you would probably be fine, but I wouldnt flaunt your gear and juice in the CBAs face giving them a reason to chuck your juice, CBA are pretty strict and are more by the book then the US Border services, at least to me as a canadian returning home.

Hope you have a great trip

Where are you entering Canada? Might be worth just bringing you e cig and buying some juice up here. I know some local shops are importing US juice and there are some decent Canadian juices.

Lake Superior Circle tour starting in Duluth

Entering Grand Portage
Exiting Saulte Ste Marie

Not planning on flaunting but if asked if there is anything to declare I don't want to hide anything either.

Last edited:
I don't think that there is any current legislation that bans vaping in Ontario. It simply says that the new bill proposes these changes.

I was in Ontario over Christmas, in the Toronto area and had no issues vaping. I always asked and was nice about it but one night out I even vaped in one of the bars.

Until the bill passes and then they put up placards they can't really do anything.

As far as bringing e-juice over the border. Border agents aren't testing for nicotine. Until they are, just make sure you pack it away in your checked baggage, if flying, to avoid any issues.

It's illegal to sell nicotine from the US into Canada, not to bring it over for personal use. That's like being stopped at the border and being asked to throw out your pack of smokes just to go to the nearest shop and buy some...

Top Bottom