What's new

FS [Canada][Reduced!] Puma 91, Dovo Black Star, Swedish 4/8 qh (sealed!)

(sold) Dovo Black Star 5/8 -- 125CAD (~95USD / ~86EUR) [pics]
a great introduction to straight razors, at least it was for me...
Includes metal case. I bought this new last November from a local enthusiast selling them on Etsy as CastleShave. Really wanted to have a good experience with straights and saw something like this thread that warned me off their entry level offerings so I went a model up. Well, it worked too well, with this fine blade as a reference I learned to hone most razors to where I can enjoy them and have far more than I can realistically use. Only shaved with it 15 times and haven't taken it to the stones, but since those include my earliest shaves the edge isn't what it was and I'd be happy to refresh it for you if you'd like. And, if you cover return postage, I'll touch it up again once it needs it. The original seller also made me this same offer and I didn't take him up on it. I've gotten in contact and he'll honour it for the purchaser so with those three hones you should be set for your first 50-60 shaves and can really get a solid start before you'll need to decide if you want to get into honing.

KIFA 4/8 quarter-hollow -- 90CAD (~68USD / ~61.5EUR) [pics]
This appears to be a surgical razor with metal scales in order to survive being sterilized in an autoclave or something. I had a colleague pick it up for me in Sweden and it was advertised as "KIFA" though I can't quite see that part of the tang to confirm without taking it out of the package. If you buy it and want me to hone it for you I'd be happy to do that but understand you've really bought it at that point. Edit: I opened it.

(sold) Puma 91 6/8(?) -- 320CAD (~243USD / ~220EUR) [pics]
Lucked out and found this on a local classifieds site. After reading this pamphlet I'm pretty sold on Puma razors, almost tempted to use it. But it does make a big deal about things being in the original cellophane and while I found some examples [1, 2] of NoS Puma, none are wrapped. So probably some collectible value here. To the point that I dare not open it. It doesn't list a size on the tang but it clearly has a "High Class" etch and a 91 so believe it's 6/8 as that model seems to only be that size? An expert here might be able to confirm but I can't rule out that it's 5/8 without opening it. Similarly, I don't think there are any spots of rust or discoloration, every surface I can see appears pristine and I tried to inspect the edge with the light on my phone but I can't rule it out because I can't see the whole thing.

(sold) Supply v2 -- 75CAD (~57USD / ~52EUR) [pics]
Polished, no box but I think I can find the instructions, base plate is the medium (two dots) which is a nice notch up from the mildness of later model Schick injectors. No scuffs or scratches and good heft from the stainless, overall a very nice object that deserves more use.

Payment and shipping
Buyer pays actual cost of shipping via Canada Post or we can meet in Toronto (and more convenient to hone for you if you happen to be local). This month they have a promotion for free shipping within Canada on Tuesdays that I can try and take advantage of. I prefer payment in Canadian dollars because if I get USD or EUR in my PayPal account the odds are high I'm just going to buy more razors with it. Interac e-Transfer would be even better.

Last edited:
All items still available so I've lowered the prices. The Dovo was a bit hard, I think that's as low as I'll go before just keeping it out of nostalgia. Last chance to get the NOS razors in their wrappers, if they don't sell at this rate I'll open them. That'll clear up the ambiguity about the Puma (which I can see is a square point if that helps), and I think the new stainless scales on the KIFA will make for an impressively shiny picture.

Supply sold. I also have a GEM SE that you can add for 20CAD, didn't list it as it wouldn't be worth shipping on its own (you could also drop by and pick it up):

Top Bottom