What's new

Can you take apart a "twinjector"?

I just bought a Schick twinjector and cleaned it best I could. However, it's not good enough. I just wanted to know if it's possible to take it apart.

You can't take apart a lot of them, I think. But what you can do is get some pipe cleaners, then put the "key" into the injector (or a toothpick or something) to open the jaws and go to town with the pipe cleaner and some alcohol.

Worked great for my E-series injector.

You can't take apart a lot of them, I think. But what you can do is get some pipe cleaners, then put the "key" into the injector (or a toothpick or something) to open the jaws and go to town with the pipe cleaner and some alcohol.

Worked great for my E-series injector.

The E series is one of the few that can be taken apart for cleaning.

The E series is one of the few that can be taken apart for cleaning.

There were several "E" models and only a minority of them opens for cleaning. If the spring does not slides aside easy, do not mess with it.

This link has some good examples of various E model Schicks (choose Schick on the "type" tab):

Here

Thanks for the information Arik. The link didn't work for me though. I've taken my three E's apart when I put them into shaving service, but with the new scratches it created I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon. I did take two G's apart before I found out you shouldn't do that and they didn't go back together easily at all.

Top Bottom